Talk

Advanced search

Things to do near Solihull?

(9 Posts)
HullabaLuLu Mon 15-Jun-09 11:59:36

Can anyone suggest any day trips/things to do? We're visiting DH's family who have recently moved there so neither of us know the area.

DD will be 6 months old and probably won't care what we do so it doesn't have to be too child centred.

TIA

PenelopePitstops Mon 15-Jun-09 12:05:54

theres the touchwood shopping centre, the library theatre quite often has good shows on aswell

Also there are lots of parks etc to walk round if the weather is nice

There are lots of pretty villages aswell, and easy access to places in the centre of birmingham aswell

HullabaLuLu Tue 16-Jun-09 18:43:03

Thanks PP

I think we'll look into the pretty villages and, knowing dh, probably shopping too!

twinklytoes Tue 16-Jun-09 23:22:37

wander along the canal at Hatton, just south of solihull on the way to warwick. nice pub; and a flight of 13(?) locks close together.

Hatton Country World will also be worth a visit when your dd is a bit older - 2 onwards really.

goog;e heart of england tourist info and you'll get a website that covers the area with loads of ideas and money off vouchers

HelloBeastie Tue 16-Jun-09 23:31:29

Knowle is a nice town to potter around, and there's a couple of National Trust properties nearby if you like that sort of thing (Packwood House and Baddesley Clinton)

HullabaLuLu Wed 17-Jun-09 08:17:29

That sounds like just the sort of thing we'd enjoy!

Thanks both of you smile

selby Wed 17-Jun-09 22:21:02

Less than 1/2 hr away is Kenilworth Castle and buggy friendly walks around Abbey Fields. (I like this better than Warwick Castle). I would give Hatton a miss personally. Don't forget Stratford is only down the road too.

janeite Wed 17-Jun-09 22:26:14

Hatton is nice but dd too young I think so it would be a waste of money.

Come to Birmingham and visit the museum and have lunch in a decent restaurant? Edmunds is nearish to the museum and is regarded as v good indeed - as good as Simpson's but without quite the same price tag. Cielo is a good Italian in the centre.

Stratford is good for a day out, especially if the in-laws would have dd for the day, so you could go to a matinee.

HullabaLuLu Thu 18-Jun-09 15:39:42

Thanks selby & janeite, I'll get googling those too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now