Talk

Advanced search

John Fowler Holidays...

(3 Posts)
JammyK Tue 09-Jun-09 23:35:50

Anyone been to one of the parks? We've booked up to go to Sandaway in Combe Martin, Devon in a few weeks. Paid nearly £400 for a week there and now all of a sudden we're hearing bad things about the lack of facilities and poor accommodation. Can anyone put my mind at ease and tell me how lovely it is? lol!

Ruthiebabes Thu 11-Jun-09 09:57:14

Sorry, cant tell you about the park, but Combe Martin is lovely. We were there in half term and stayed on a very small holiday park. Combe Martin beach is great for rock pooling. The best beach for a day out is Woolacombe.

If you want a great meal go to Mucky Duck restaurant at Manleigh Holiday Park in Combe Martin.

Lizzylou Thu 11-Jun-09 10:03:54

Combe Martin is fab, I know the park that you have booked at, I would say it isn't exactly centre parks but seemed clean and comfy to me.
There is so much to do in Combe Martin (agree, the rock pooling is fab) (The Dinosaur Park) and the surrounding areas (The Big Sheep, Watermouth Castle, Croyde, Woolacombe, Lynton and Lynmouth).
We went last year and it was honestly the best holiday have ever been on, am v envy of you. We were hardly in our accommodation (which was more basic than we'd expected), just slept there, ate breakfast, took a picnic lunch out with us, then back for dinner and bed.
Fab!
There is a Tesco in Ilfracombe, only really small shops (more expensive in Combe Martin), the fish and chip shop is fab and the ice cream shop on the front too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now