Talk

Advanced search

How strict are centre parcs about max imum occupancy?

(9 Posts)
tatty33 Sun 07-Jun-09 16:46:21

There's going to be 9 of us ( says max is 8) but the children will share a bedroom, or ours may even stay in with us in a cot. We would really like to be in one lodge - do you think centre parcs would allow this?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, pc playing up so too slow/ frustrating to do a search

Thanks a lot

ellingwoman Sun 07-Jun-09 16:49:44

How old is the youngest?

If 3 and small I would just lie about the age. We got away with 9 until dd3 was 3. The stupid thing is - a 5 year old could sleep in the cot or 3 children of any age could share a double bed. I suppose it's insurance or something.

retiredgoth2 Sun 07-Jun-09 16:56:05

....they never check.

Just make sure you only fill in 8 sets of details on the online registration form thingy.

I almost always take more kids than the official capacity. I get the additional ones to hide as we check in. I don't think the hiding is in any way necessary, but they enjoy the faux subterfuge....

tatty33 Sun 07-Jun-09 16:56:05

Thanks, youngest is 2 1/2, but from website looks like they've changed the categories, now 0-2, 2-5, 6-16. If they don't peer in the car too much I suppose we could get away with it!

duckyfuzz Sun 07-Jun-09 17:04:17

our neighbours recently took their 2.5 yo as an under 2 and got away with it

PfftTheMagicDragon Sun 07-Jun-09 17:08:54

Well, you shouldn't need to lie. The 2 year old should stay in the cot and they don't count as a "person" for CP purposes. It says "0-2" and she is 2. You aren't lying.

PfftTheMagicDragon Sun 07-Jun-09 17:10:33

And max is 8, but that means 8 and a baby. I have been looking myself for that amount and it is allowed, 8 people and then 1 in a cot, all in one chalet.

DadInsteadofMum Mon 08-Jun-09 10:23:07

Exactly as RG says - our youngest was 2 for about three years.

tiredemma Mon 08-Jun-09 10:24:43

We have done it (twice). They never checked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now