Talk

Advanced search

Where shall we go?

(7 Posts)
brunettemum Mon 01-Jun-09 20:44:15

Am looking for some help from you lovely mnetters...

Have dd1 (3) and am due to have dc2 in a couple of weeks (all being well!). We want to go away for a week in September (self catering).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ideally I am looking for a nice seaside town. We have often had holidays in Dartmouth, Tenby and Broadstairs... so looking for something similar. We live in Wilts and want max 2-2.5 hour drive.

Otherwise we'll end up going to Tenby (again!), which is fine, but I really fancy a change and don't want to risk being stuck somewhere awful with a 10week old dc!

Any ideas??

Thank you smile

dontdillydally Mon 01-Jun-09 22:38:40

Bigbury on Sea
Fowey
Exmouth

saggyhairyarse Tue 02-Jun-09 21:35:50

I LOVE Tenby, maybe you can push the boat out and go to Saundersfoot instead????

Seaton is nice though not a sandy beach.

Also Swanage and surrounds are nice with young kids.

brunettemum Wed 03-Jun-09 19:58:16

Thank you... have probably decided to go down to South Devon - maybe Salcombe or Exmouth areas. Have found some lovely places on this website smile

serin Thu 04-Jun-09 23:49:04

Dorset, Lyme Regis, West Bay, Charmouth

lizzy77 Tue 09-Jun-09 17:14:41

Salcombe is nice

jb707 Tue 09-Jun-09 17:36:55

have a look at www.devonholidayhouses.co.uk the flat is with the company that you linked 2 earlier, but if you mention mumsnet when booking direct with owner you will get 5% discount.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now