Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dorset, in particular Burngate Farm, run by a rather lovely MNer

(15 Posts)
hunkermunker Sat 30-May-09 22:24:36

We have just spent a wonderful week at FiveGoMadInDorset's B&B near Lulworth Cove.

She and her lovely DH made us very welcome, the farmhouse is beautiful, their children ditto, room fantastic, breakfast, well, om nom nom sums it up! All in all, just the perfect place for a relaxing holiday.

And I had NO idea there was so much to do in Dorset - we barely scratched the surface, but filled the week with beaches, castles, tanks, sealife, fossil-hunting, walking and gazing at beautiful scenery.

So if you haven't been to Dorset, GO, and stay with FiveGoMadInDorset - and if you have, but you haven't been to Burngate Farm, GO THERE! Look, it's fab: Burngate Farm

hunkermunker Tue 16-Jun-09 22:28:08

smile

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 16-Jun-09 22:33:16

Gosh looks lovely Hunker

GossipMonger Tue 16-Jun-09 22:35:43

ooh looks great!

what did you do for dinner?

Milliways Tue 16-Jun-09 22:37:43

Lovely place, have "bookmarked" it.

hunkermunker Tue 16-Jun-09 22:38:30

We did a mixture of things - pubs, foraging in the hedgerows, McDs and roadkill bbqs.

I'm lying about two of those wink

psychomum5 Tue 16-Jun-09 22:41:37

oh that looks lovely

I live in dorset however, so know the rest is fabwink

hunkermunker Tue 16-Jun-09 22:43:24

You lucky thing, Psycho!

It's a really lovely county - I had no idea places like that still existed.

psychomum5 Tue 16-Jun-09 22:46:39

TBH, I don;t make the most of it (you don;t do you when it is there all the timeblush).

it is lovely tho.....you go thru some villages and can almost feel enid blyton working her magic IYGWIMwink.

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 16-Jun-09 22:47:36

come bring your brrod over, they can go running wild in the woods behind us.

psychomum5 Tue 16-Jun-09 22:57:24

I would love that

maybe in the summer???

thankyou

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 17-Jun-09 09:56:15

That would be lovely.

eandh Thu 18-Jun-09 17:43:27

oooo looks fab we are coming to dorset on monday for 5 days (going to rockley park) wish we had booked yours now though!

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 18-Jun-09 18:54:55

We are around all week, come over and say hello.

1dilemma Thu 25-Jun-09 02:10:57

What a beautiful house grin

TBH I'm always put off B&B because of my hoards of loud, physical children and the sleeping arrangements and the thought of trying to feed etc them without a kitchen and keeping them quiet and having to walk back into someone else's house etc etc.

But if you ever build a holiday cottage I'll be there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now