Talk

Advanced search

oakdown holiday park, sidmouth , devon?

(5 Posts)
Greatfun Sun 19-Apr-09 09:37:30

Anyone been?

This will be our first visit to a holidy park. I definately want to avoid too many tatoos, footbal kits and union jack flags.

Will this be a good place?

We are thinking of renting a mobile home for me, DH and 2 DCS (1 and 3).

Technofairy Tue 21-Apr-09 23:15:51

No idea about the holiday park, sorry, but I love Sidmouth. It's quite olde worlde with no amusement arcades on the front which is always a bonus!

We spent a fab week there a few years back. The beach is mainly shingle but there is a fab enormous sandy beach just around the headland, a five minute walk, and some fantastic rock pools for your 3 year old.

Just avoid the folk festival week - unless you like that sort of thing - because the place is absolutely mobbed!

chuckeyegg Wed 22-Apr-09 08:48:51

I've been there and it's lovely. It is right next to the donkey santuary and just perfect for children. We spent a week there with my nephew. There is a little play area for children and I did not see anything you mention.

chuckeyegg Wed 22-Apr-09 08:58:39

Meant to say we stayed in a mobile home and they are well equiped and fine for a young family. You'll have a lovely time so long as the weather is good.

LocalFamilyStuffDotCom Mon 10-Oct-11 14:15:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now