Talk

Advanced search

oakdown holiday park, sidmouth , devon?

(5 Posts)
Greatfun Sun 19-Apr-09 09:37:30

Anyone been?

This will be our first visit to a holidy park. I definately want to avoid too many tatoos, footbal kits and union jack flags.

Will this be a good place?

We are thinking of renting a mobile home for me, DH and 2 DCS (1 and 3).

Technofairy Tue 21-Apr-09 23:15:51

No idea about the holiday park, sorry, but I love Sidmouth. It's quite olde worlde with no amusement arcades on the front which is always a bonus!

We spent a fab week there a few years back. The beach is mainly shingle but there is a fab enormous sandy beach just around the headland, a five minute walk, and some fantastic rock pools for your 3 year old.

Just avoid the folk festival week - unless you like that sort of thing - because the place is absolutely mobbed!

chuckeyegg Wed 22-Apr-09 08:48:51

I've been there and it's lovely. It is right next to the donkey santuary and just perfect for children. We spent a week there with my nephew. There is a little play area for children and I did not see anything you mention.

chuckeyegg Wed 22-Apr-09 08:58:39

Meant to say we stayed in a mobile home and they are well equiped and fine for a young family. You'll have a lovely time so long as the weather is good.

LocalFamilyStuffDotCom Mon 10-Oct-11 14:15:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: