Talk

Advanced search

Center Parcs - Woodland Lodge 3 Bed, Longleat - What do you want to know?

(26 Posts)
nannynick Tue 13-Jan-09 11:33:48

I am currently staying in a Woodland Lodge at Center Parcs Longleat (in PINE 190-200 area).

What would you like to know about the accommodation?

Entrance Hall:
Coat rack and shoe rack

Boiler/Storage Room contains: Highchair, Cot (requires some assembly), Iron and Ironingboard, Electronic Safe, Dustpan & Brush, Vacuum cleaner.

Toilet: Dual-Flush toilet, toilet brush, handbasin.

Master Bedroom:
Double bed, two small bedside tables, radio alarm clock, wardrobe, shelving, mirror, hairdryer and stool. There is a large picture of a flower on the wall.

Kitchen:
Microwave (750 watt I think), Dishwasher (with 3 dishwasher tablets), Kettle, Toaster, Small sink with integrated draining board, Fridge. Gas Oven (haven't used this yet) and Gas Hob.

Bathroom:
6 towels were supplied. There is a toilet, sink and bath with shower (right hand tap controls the water temperature, left hand tap controls water quantity... turning towards you for shower, away from you for bath). There is a volume control, which lets you listen to the sound from the TV (in the lounge).

Hope this is of help to those of you planning your first visit to Center Parcs. What you get in each villa may vary a bit, but this is what I have in the villa I am currently staying at.

What else would you like to know?

MamaG Tue 13-Jan-09 11:38:29

Are you bored?

nailpolish Tue 13-Jan-09 11:44:02

i want to know

why are you sitting on mn whilst in cp

nannynick Tue 13-Jan-09 14:47:08

When you don't take children, you get lots of time to do what you like!

mumto2andnomore Tue 13-Jan-09 14:55:29

Have you seen the deer ? We had a really tame one at the back of our villa when we went. Wish I was there have fun !

TonyAlmeida Tue 13-Jan-09 14:57:00

WHy do adults go to Centerparcs wiht no kids?
I know a couple who do.

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Tue 13-Jan-09 19:28:42

does it smell musty? have you seen any ufo's?

nannynick Wed 14-Jan-09 10:10:35

Having late breakfast, so checking in.
No musty smell (or cats wee smell as some refer to it), so the cleaners must have changed brand of cleaning liquid.
UFO's? No, only Deer, Squirrels, Rabbits etc.

nannynick Wed 14-Jan-09 10:12:36

TonyAlmeida - adults go for the Spa, at least that's why I come.

AccidentalMum Wed 14-Jan-09 10:13:56

After we fed the ducks on the patio, huge rats used to come and clean up....you had them visit?

nannynick Wed 14-Jan-09 10:15:41

No unwelcome visitors noticed, though it does not surprise me as rats get everywhere.

AccidentalMum Wed 14-Jan-09 10:23:05

When I thought about it I wasn't suprised...it was just the contrast with the snow white stlye bunnies and ducks scene.

lovelysongbirdie Wed 14-Jan-09 10:41:25

some of this detail is scaring me !

Microwave (750 watt I think)
There is a large picture of flower on the wall.
(with 3 dishwasher tablets
(right hand tap controls the water temperature, left hand tap controls water quantity... turning towards you for shower, away from you for bath).

nick or you normally this observent?

MadameCastafiore Wed 14-Jan-09 10:42:30

Have you not got squits yet - most of the people I know who go to Center Parcs end up sick!

lovelysongbirdie Wed 14-Jan-09 10:55:35

how much did it cost and for how long ?

nannynick Wed 14-Jan-09 12:35:36

Out on my lunchtime walk. Peace and quiet with great mobile reception at this spot im at.
Cost wise, villa was £200 for 4 nights mon-fri.
Yes i can be scaringly observant at times.

lovelysongbirdie Wed 14-Jan-09 12:42:15

200 quid for 4 nights thats goos i looked thi sabout was about 400 for 3 nights in march

KatyMac Wed 14-Jan-09 12:48:13

You girls obviously haven't met Nick - I have & would fully expect that level of details grinwink

lovelysongbirdie Wed 14-Jan-09 12:51:53

grin its very funny thoughgrin

nick are you like this when you visit peoples houses?

onepieceofbrusselssprout Wed 14-Jan-09 12:52:00

What colour is the dustpan and brush?
I am joking by the way in case you are in any doubt!

Check if your bottle opener is there in the kitchen drawer. Ours was missing, presumed stolen, as was the microwave. The lovely staff turned out very late on their rounds to replace both. I wasn't bothered about the m'wave so much but NONE of the wide assortment of other kitchen implements could open the wine grin

TheDevilWearsPrimark Wed 14-Jan-09 12:53:17

Clearly center parcs is dull as shit.

As i'd imagine.

nannynick Wed 14-Jan-09 13:32:55

Well it is winter!
My flat is very dull as well and small. Villa here is about 4 times the size of my flat.

PfftTheMagicDragon Sat 16-May-09 21:31:30

Nick, just wanted to drag this thread up to ask you have the TV is like in the woodland lodges? I know they have lcd's and dvd's, is it some sort of dodgy "center parcs" tv with 3 shitty channels and then an adverts channel?

We are off next week and can't find any info. I know you are anal enough to know these things! grin

nannynick Sat 16-May-09 23:49:45

Yes alas it is like a hotel tv - usual main 4 (may have had CH5) plus then a few other channels. Think it did have CBeebies during the day and I think one was Jetix (or some other strange tv channel showing badly dubbed Japanese cartoons). Think there was a news channel - Sky News I think.

I know this will surprise you... but I didn't make a note of which TV channels there were - so relying on my bad memory grin

PfftTheMagicDragon Sun 17-May-09 08:12:32

Thanks nick.

And next time, make notes [whip]grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now