Talk

Advanced search

St Audrie's Bay Holiday Park

(8 Posts)
paolosgirl Fri 19-Dec-08 14:25:15

Has anyone been here or know anything about it? It's in Somerset, near the Devon border.

basementbear Sat 20-Dec-08 13:58:50

We stayed there two nights a couple of years ago. My best friend was getting married at the church just next door, close family stayed in the manor house and the rest of us stayed at St Audries. It is very low-key, there is a tiny play area for the kids and a bar/restaurant, little gift shop and steps down to a little bit of beach. The accommodation is very clean etc but basic - in fact my friend's dad stayed there during the war when he was doing army training smile - don't think it's changed much!
I don't really know the area so not sure how far it is from other amenities.
Our accommodation was basically just a bedroom with TV, tea and coffee-making facilities and a bathroom. The children had their own room with another bathroom.

paolosgirl Sun 21-Dec-08 09:05:56

Thanks basement - we've booked a 3 bed caravan 2 weeks at the end of June/beg July, and it's only costing £500! We tend to go then as the scottish schools break up earlier than down south and and it does work out cheaper, but £500 is incredibly cheap and we're beginning to panic. Basic is fine, as long as it's clean and not full of - how shall I put this - noise grin

There seems to be lots to see nearby, so I think we'll use it as a base and tour the area.

Pennies Sun 21-Dec-08 09:18:11

Can't comment although I do know my mum went to school at St Audries during the war and had a horrible time! I expect it's changed a LOT since then tho!

paolosgirl Sun 21-Dec-08 12:58:27

Hopefully so, Pennies!!

Hvae just googled for reviews, and the ones I found were all positive - although they could be from the owner and his wife!

TooTickyDoves Sun 21-Dec-08 13:03:30

Haven't actually been there but I know the area and it's lovely. Don't miss the West Somerset Railway (steam smile) and also the open top bus from Minehead to Lynmouth/Lynton, via Porlock Hill.....

basementbear Sun 21-Dec-08 15:56:14

Paolosgirl, it definitely wasn't noisy, the staff were all very friendly, food in the bar/restaurant was nice too. I'm sure you will love it!

paolosgirl Sun 21-Dec-08 17:00:58

Thank you basement - I'm feeling a lot happier now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now