Talk

Advanced search

We are goint to Torquay at half term, never been. Can you tell me good places to go please.

(9 Posts)
deanychip Sat 18-Oct-08 19:30:20

Cant wait, it looks gorgeous, we are staying at Parkdene.

We have been told about Tragoe Mills, looked it up and it looks fab, how far away from the site is this?
Any suggestions about other places to go please?
many thanks x

Cies Sat 18-Oct-08 19:42:27

I'd say definitely go to Paignton zoo - I went this summer as an adult with no kids in the group and we had a great time.

Also in Torquay itself, and available with a joint ticket with the zoo is something called Sealife or Birdlife or similar. It's got puffins, penguins and loads of other birds. Much smaller that the zoo, but fun.

tbh I'm not sure what's so great about Trago Mills... I thought it was a big shopping area. But maybe it's changed since I went there last (5 years ago maybe). Not sure how far it is from Torquay.

Depending how much you want to drive, you could spend a day on Dartmoor, seeing the ponies and beautiful countryside.

Have a great time, Devon is a special place.

deanychip Sat 18-Oct-08 19:48:25

Trago has go carts and indoor kinda stuff for kids and adults on rainy days as far as i can see.

will defo check out the zoo thanks cies x

SqueakyPop Sat 18-Oct-08 19:49:15

We were there about 4 years ago on a family activity holiday (at a place now taken over by PGL - I think it was called Barton Hall).

Torquay is a very picturesque town. We only had one day downtown and hung about on the beach about a mile along the coast. When we went into town, there was the generic offering of high street shops. The harbour was interesting, and there is an aquarium (didn't go in).

The key thing about Devon is the most amazing scenery, so a trip to Dartmoor is a must.

SqueakyPop Sat 18-Oct-08 19:55:58

Here is a place we went for a great day out:

www.beckyfalls.com

SqueakyPop Sat 18-Oct-08 19:56:01

Here is a place we went for a great day out:

www.beckyfalls.com

artichokes Sat 18-Oct-08 19:56:48

Trago Mills and fab are not too words I ever thought I would see in one sentance grin. Its a very cheap and tacky and run down out of town shopping centre whose owner deocrates it with anti-EU posters and banners. It does have go-karts etc but TBH you will not be lacking for that sort of entertainment in Torquay.

Kents Cavern has amzinf caves to emplore

small kids love Babbacombe model village

the steam train also goes down well

Dartmoor is a must.

artichokes Sat 18-Oct-08 19:57:08

EXPLORE not emplore

deanychip Sat 18-Oct-08 20:06:22

ooh ta every one, Trago was recomended to us by a pal who went on and on about it, it looks ok on the website, might give it a miss, sounds awful.
Dartmoor coming up allot, will go there i think.
any more??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now