Talk

Advanced search

anyone any ideas for 3 night break in UK starting 24th oct, bit last minute I know...

(4 Posts)
paddingtonbear1 Sat 11-Oct-08 19:05:14

we didn't really have a summer holiday as such, but have recently been given a bit of money. I've been trying to find something within about 2 hrs drive of manchester, for dh, dd and I, just for 3 nights from 24th oct. I did look at centreparcs but the only thing left was far too ££. Realise it's a bit of a tall order! open to suggestions....

MegBusset Sat 11-Oct-08 19:07:58

What age is DD and what kind of thing do you like?

paddingtonbear1 Sat 11-Oct-08 19:17:10

dd is 5, we don't mind really - we normally go for a cottage-type holiday if we go for a week, but most of those I'd imagine would want you to book for a full week around then (half term in some places). Not in the middle of a city, but not too remote as we'd need something for dd to do if it rained (likely)!!
I did think of a caravan park which also had apartments and a pool in cumbria, but when I looked it up on the aa route planner it said it would take nearly 3 hrs to get there...
not sure I want to drive that far.

paddingtonbear1 Sat 11-Oct-08 20:27:06

just came across a website for cayton bay caravan park in scarborough, looks quite nice, never been. might be cold in a caravan in oct though?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: