Talk

Advanced search

Liverpool Questions

(25 Posts)
Skramble Fri 10-Oct-08 23:52:44

Trying to find info on the ferries, can you still get a ferry across the mersey? All I can find is ones going to dublin or the ilse of man.

Also wondering if anyone can tell me if parking on a Sat morning is a pain right in the centre near the dock museums?

I drive a van so parking not going to be my strong point blush.

Skramble Fri 10-Oct-08 23:53:41

Sorry don't know why I am asking about Sat morning it will be a weekday, thats what I really meant, I think I should be in bed grin.

Bleedodgy Fri 10-Oct-08 23:53:41

Yes you can just turn up at the pier head and pay then. They'll play the song and everything.

Bleedodgy Fri 10-Oct-08 23:54:13

Parking fine there's a multi storey by Liverpool One.

Bleedodgy Fri 10-Oct-08 23:55:00

Which is right by the dock.

Skramble Fri 10-Oct-08 23:55:03

Bleedodgy what pier, where?? (do they really play the music? is it just for tourists the ferry I thought locals would use it to get into the city centre?

gigglewitch Fri 10-Oct-08 23:55:22

hi skramble wink
two new car parks in the centre of l'pool, one for the new Arena, the other for the shiny very new liverpool One. Both smack in middle of where you want to be - the arena one is by kings dock so is pretty much where you want to be.
Mersey ferries are still fine thank you wink
will get you a link in a mo!!

Skramble Fri 10-Oct-08 23:56:04

Sorry mutli story no use I have a van so need a proper car park as I ain't to hot at parralel parking in it.

gigglewitch Fri 10-Oct-08 23:56:30

ferry timetables

Bleedodgy Fri 10-Oct-08 23:57:36

There's plenty of carparks at the docks too get there reasonably early though.

Skramble Fri 10-Oct-08 23:58:03

Ah thats the one I saw I thought it was just a tourist trip I just want to park and get the ferry over to the city centre if it will be easier for parking, don't want to spend agfes driving around.

gigglewitch Fri 10-Oct-08 23:59:20

parking information to start you off. Huuuuge multi-storey but some ground-level parking too.

gigglewitch Sat 11-Oct-08 00:04:06

that's cunning - take it you are considering going to Birkenhead and parking at Woodside then jumping on the ferry over to L'pool. Clever. woodside ferry terminal in case it is useful wink

Skramble Sat 11-Oct-08 00:04:23

Right ferry to much hassle I will head for the albert dock side and take my chances, unlikely to get there at the crack of dawn grin but I am sure I will find something.

Skramble Sat 11-Oct-08 00:06:19

LOL I will probably get lost and end up on the wrong side anyway.

gigglewitch Sat 11-Oct-08 00:07:07

where are you travelling from? Wondered whether it is worth getting to somewhere a little further out and hopping on a train?

Skramble Sat 11-Oct-08 00:14:25

Will be driving up from winsford area

gigglewitch Sat 11-Oct-08 00:15:52

A-ha. So now i see why the Birkenhead option.
<off to think some more>

Skramble Sat 11-Oct-08 00:24:46

Now train fron Winsford looks promising, 30mins.

gigglewitch Sat 11-Oct-08 00:30:05

now that does sound good.
No traffic, no re-jigged l'pool city centre,(Baffled me yesterday - and it is only a couple of weeks since i was there)AND best of all no van to park...
St James' Station - totally revamped and re-opened looks fantastic, and may be on your line <not sure?> Very close to docks. look out for it. Unless you would like a wander thru the city from lime st or central [which i thoroughly recommend, btw, unless you don't want to walk that far]

Skramble Sat 11-Oct-08 00:30:29

hmm fare will be over £25 for four of us, more than petrol and parking fees.

gigglewitch Sat 11-Oct-08 00:31:43

lookee here from chester grin

gigglewitch Sat 11-Oct-08 00:32:37

now that is a bit of a bugger. what about cheap day returns? No concession-age persons or anything?

Skramble Sat 11-Oct-08 00:37:57

That is cheap day returns, fecking rail.

gigglewitch Sat 11-Oct-08 00:47:54

shock

now that is not good. Back to the good ol' arena / docks parking then...

We park at the Liver buildings - usually bum a lift with my mum who has blue badges, therefore can park in that patch all day for free wink

Grab-a-granny? <not disrespectful, honestly>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now