Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

B&B/cheap hotels in Oxford?

(12 Posts)
Dottoressa Sat 04-Oct-08 17:25:37

We're going to spend a Friday night in Oxford next month (DS has a 'be a chorister for the day' session at Christchurch) - and need somewhere cheap but clean to spend the night. We'll have DD (4) and DS (6) with us. We're not looking for anything fancy - as I say, it just needs to be clean and functional (no carpets that stick to your feet). It doesn't even need to provide breakfast, as we can always get something from a supermarket. Any ideas would be gratefully received!

MrsBadger Sat 04-Oct-08 17:33:00

the Premier Inn on Garsington Rd out by the bypass is cheap, clean and iirc kids stay free. It is quite a long way from the city centre but is on a bus route (or will you be able to park at Christchurch?)

There is a spanky new youth hostel by the station too.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 04-Oct-08 17:44:17

Have you checked websites like laterooms and the other one, is it lastminute.com?

They often have some deals on there.

We stayed at Hawkwell House Hotel -huge room that had a double, single, sofa and room for more so would easily fit a family. It wasn't that much more than a decent B&B when we went

ChippyMinton Sat 04-Oct-08 17:47:30

travelodge

MrsBadger Sat 04-Oct-08 17:58:55

the travelodge is miles out

there is a Holiday Inn on the northern bypass and a Holiday Inn Express (cheaper) by the football stadium (neither on bus routes)

ChippyMinton Sat 04-Oct-08 18:02:07

It's at Peartree, on the bypass Mrs B, same distance out as your premier inn hmm

MrsBadger Sat 04-Oct-08 18:07:54

is it? I thought it was Wheatley, sorry blush

ChippyMinton Sat 04-Oct-08 18:09:58

I think there's one there as well.

Dottoressa Sat 04-Oct-08 18:31:04

What a lovely collection of replies. Thank you, all!

I shall get googling all the recommendations once the children are in bed...

Dottoressa Sat 04-Oct-08 20:22:49

Mrs B - your Premier Inn tip is fab (and thanks for including the link!) I've looked at it, and I suspect that £64 for a family room is going to be about as reasonably priced as we could get, and you do on the whole know what kind of thing to expect with Premier Inn types of place.

Thank you, all!

NorbertDentressangle Sat 04-Oct-08 20:33:54

If you stay at the Premier Inn and don't want to pay for their breakfast (which is extra on top of the room) there is a Tesco not far away, just the other side of the ring road

Dottoressa Sun 05-Oct-08 22:22:42

Thank you, Norbert (and what a wonderful ID!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now