Talk

Advanced search

Panicking now! Have booked 5 days at centre parcs but we/ I can't use a bike, will I be able to walk it?

(6 Posts)
immortalbeloved Sun 21-Sep-08 15:16:44

I feel so blush

I have booked 5 days in december at the Winfell Centre Parcs, it was such a good deal I did it on the spur of the moment.

Now I'm really worried though, are bikes essential? I can't ride a bike due to problems with my dodgey pelvis and my lo will only be 5 months old when we go so will need to be in a buggy, will we be able to get around everywhere by foot?

Can't believe I've only just realised this might be a problem blush

ninja Sun 21-Sep-08 15:18:59

I've been twice without a bike and it's no problem. Most of the activities and the pool are in the same place.

Once you've found out where you are you can have a look at the map on the website and it tells you how many minutes for each square and there are plenty of footpaths.

Enjoy it, it's great fun!

themoon66 Sun 21-Sep-08 15:25:57

You can ask to be located close to the centre.

nannynick Sun 21-Sep-08 15:56:58

I've never been to Whinfell, but I suspect it will have a land-train like the other Center Parcs, so you could use that when you need to travel from one side of the site to the other.

What villa area location have you booked, or is it being allocated for you at a later date? Whinfell Map shows where villa's are located. Meadow View area looks the furthest away from the Swimming Complex, so if in that area it may be quite a long walk.

Bikes are not essential, at least not at Longleat where I usually go. Walking just takes a bit longer, but using the map you may find there are short cut paths, between areas, which can help reduce the distance.

nannynick Sun 21-Sep-08 16:21:00

Whinfell - Christmas 2007 - video on YouTube, which shows some footage of walking on paths - also shows the weather you can expect at that time of year... don't forget to pack your wellyboots.

Ambi Sun 21-Sep-08 16:25:36

Hi immortal, we're going then, I might see you there wink I've been before, you can walk around no problem, there's paths all over, though wouldn't recommend the 6 inch heels I took last time and went arse over tit - silly mare that I am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now