Talk

Advanced search

recommendation for 2 nights stay at lovely hotel/ area please

(10 Posts)
stressed2007 Sun 21-Sep-08 08:52:06

I am going away for 2 nights next weekend and looking for somewhere nice to stay. We are leaving from London so can't go to scotland or anything but up to 4 hours drive fine. Can anyone suggest somewhere to go which is a very nice (not one of the £400 a night hotel jobs please though) near to some things to go and see/ do - but this is intended to be a relaxing time and not a mad sight seeing trip. Anyone stayed at any gorgeous hotels? Thanks very much

mumma2cjh Sun 21-Sep-08 10:35:32

Harts Hotel Notingham
Langar Hall - Nottingham
Puckrup Hall Tewkesbury
Carden Park - Chester

stressed2007 Sun 21-Sep-08 17:57:02

Have you been to any of these?

missingtheaction Sun 21-Sep-08 18:04:36

I like almost anywhere on Alistair Sawday's websites/books. Stayed at Paradise Hotel in Bath this week, really nice, b&B rather than hotel but loads of fab restaurants in bath. go to the Thermae spa for a couple of hours, just loll in the pools if you don't fancy any treatments. lots of pretty places to see round about.

chocolatemummy Sun 21-Sep-08 18:17:55

symonds yaht...absolutely gorgeous and it has about three little hotels/B&B's put it into the search engine and enjoy...its in the Forest of Dean by the way

chocolatemummy Sun 21-Sep-08 18:20:20

sorry its Symonds Yat

mumma2cjh Sun 21-Sep-08 21:32:05

yes to all - Harts Nottm is lovely

Barcelonababe Sun 21-Sep-08 21:41:07

oh my god.... Symonds Yat..... haaaaappppy memories... our family best kept secret! It;s just magic! Looovely walks and magical landscapes!

AnotherFineMess Sun 21-Sep-08 21:49:49

I'd second Bath - lots of lovely hotels and great restaurants/bars. And the main sightseeing involves relaxing in spas...bliss!

stressed2007 Mon 22-Sep-08 10:46:25

Symonds yat - can anyone please add links - I seem to find ery peculaiar things when I am looking for it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: