Talk

Advanced search

Center Parcs - Activities for adults

(6 Posts)
nannynick Fri 19-Sep-08 12:06:53

I'm going to Longleat in October. Have been several times before over the last few years, so know what to expect.
However this time I am not having to supervise a child constantly, so I am wondering what activities are worth while for adults.
Spa treatment of some kind of course - possibly the Spa Supper evening.

What activities have you/your DH liked doing?
Is Tree Trekking worth doing?

PrimulaVeris Fri 19-Sep-08 12:24:59

I dont do spas but other Center Parc old-timers tell me the Longleat one is the best

My DH did Tree Trekking with the dc's earlier this year. It was hilarious ... kids are nimble and manage it, no probs. The adults have to rediscover their centre of gravity as their flabby bits drag them the wrong way over the ropes ...

I'm quite happy swimming and cycling tbh, but dh has tried abseiling etc and enjoyed it

palaver Fri 19-Sep-08 12:30:25

sailing is good fun if you know how to sail

branflake81 Sat 20-Sep-08 08:18:35

I went for a hen party - they all went to the Spa but like the poster above I don't "do" spas either, so I hired a bike and it was quite nice just pootling around the site on my own.

We went to the Nottingham site and there is a small bit of the pool for swimming lengths so I did that as well.

nannynick Sat 20-Sep-08 10:07:44

Thanks for your suggestions.
Good point about the Tree Trekking when you are older... not a nimble a I was as a youngster. Could still be fun though.
Alas I don't like sailing, had to do that on school activity courses - hated it.

nannynick Mon 22-Sep-08 13:30:09

I've ended up booking: Tree Treking, Challenge Course, two evening Spa sessions, and a daytime spa session for the last day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now