Talk

Advanced search

Need a hotel with interconnecting room for 4 month old...

(32 Posts)
fizzpops Thu 11-Sep-08 10:49:21

....somewhere along the M6 possibly? We are travelling from London to the Lake District so halfwayish would be best.

So far I can only find family rooms (ie all in one room together) which would not work for us. What would be ideal would be somewhere with a small room where we can set up the travel cot, but has a door we can shut to cut out noise and light. Also cost is a factor.

Has anyone stayed anywhere that sounds suitable? We don't mind staying in our room all evening but can't be in the same room.

DrNortherner Thu 11-Sep-08 10:51:02

If you get an interconnecting room you have to pay for 2 rooms, which seems like madness for a 4 month old baby imo.

Why can't you be in the same room?

What a bout booking a suite? They often have a seperate sitting area/lounge where baby could sleep.

Lionstar Thu 11-Sep-08 10:53:29

Put the cot in the ensuite?

Or look for B&Bs, they may be more accomodating

fizzpops Thu 11-Sep-08 11:33:47

Thanks for your replies. We can't be in the same room as she goes to bed at 6.30 and sleeps best in total darkness. Not a problem when we go to bed but what do we do for the rest of the evening? We would consider other options such as b&b but it is like searching for a needle in a haystack! Will look into the idea of booking a suite, thank you.

flossie64 Thu 11-Sep-08 11:49:59

what about setting off late afternoon, then just stoppong for a food rest stop. Then the baby can go to sleep and just be lifted into bed on arrival.
We always did this when my DD was this age . We regularly travelled from north of Scotland to Licolnshire approx 475 miles. How many miles are you going ?

flossie64 Thu 11-Sep-08 11:51:04

That shoul be Lincolnshireblush

fizzpops Thu 11-Sep-08 12:07:53

I would be happy doing this but I am really thinking of my husband who has to do all the driving (I know I REALLY need to learn). The journey is about six hours and (ironically) we are going away to give him a break (long story why the Lake District - essentially tagging along with my parents who have extra room in holiday cottage). I was hoping to be able to break the journey up for him but I think I may be being too picky/ inflexible. Thanks for the suggestions though.

CountessDracula Thu 11-Sep-08 12:09:51

At 4 months could she not go in moses basket in the bath?
(or are they too big by then, I can't remember)

CostaRicanCod Thu 11-Sep-08 12:10:47

but even if she does go to bed take her out ofr a meal wiht oyu

CostaRicanCod Thu 11-Sep-08 12:10:47

but even if she does go to bed take her out ofr a meal wiht oyu

CountessDracula Thu 11-Sep-08 12:10:59

6 hours drive sounds preferable to me than faffing about in hotel on the way

CostaRicanCod Thu 11-Sep-08 12:12:46

is that al?
oh god thast NOTHING
wuss!;)

DrNortherner Thu 11-Sep-08 12:13:41

Well just don't put her to bed at 6.30pm?

You need to be a bit more flexible me thinks when staying away with a baby. I regularly did it when my ds was small and he came out to dinner with us asleep in his buggy.

Anna8888 Thu 11-Sep-08 12:14:24

Do a three hour drive in the morning, stop for a lovely long lunch somewhere (much cheaper and much nicer than a night in a hotel) and then do another three hour drive in the afternoon.

DrNortherner Thu 11-Sep-08 12:15:12

Good idea Anna

CountessDracula Thu 11-Sep-08 12:16:02

Yes I agree with anna
It isn't that far!

Anna8888 Thu 11-Sep-08 12:18:24

This summer my DH drove from Paris to Winchester in one morning. We then had a lovely long lunch and a rest before doing another two hours' drive. It was tiring but OK (and we drove all the way back to Paris in one day the following day, with only a one hour stop).

mumblechum Thu 11-Sep-08 12:24:12

We're in South Bucks and regularly drive up to the Lakes after work, leaving 7pm, there 11pm.

CountessDracula Thu 11-Sep-08 12:26:03

Where did you eat in the end Anna? In Winch I mean

Anna8888 Thu 11-Sep-08 12:33:12

CD - we ended up doing two trips via Winchester - the original one to Babington in July, when we stopped at Hotel du Vin and had a reasonable but not memorable Sunday lunch, and then a second, previously unforeseen, trip with all the children in August when we tried the Black Rat which we all adored (and it was a much more child friendly place than HdV).

Thank you very much for the recommendations. Let me know if you need Paris info smile.

DrNortherner Thu 11-Sep-08 12:34:26

I hate the drive to the Lake and I'm only in North yORKS!

cremolafoam Thu 11-Sep-08 12:35:22

near Birmingham famiy apartment

CountessDracula Thu 11-Sep-08 12:37:18

oh yes my brother is having a party in the Black Rat on Sat night - sadly I can't go but it looks lovely!

CountessDracula Thu 11-Sep-08 12:38:25

and yes I certainly will, thanks!

fizzpops Thu 11-Sep-08 19:53:01

Thanks for all the messages. Having spoken to my husband he is resigned to the drive and I think we have decided to have a break midway so good suggestion Anna8888! Our daughter is a big 'un for four months so would be a bit big for a moses basket (grew out of it at 6 weeks!). She could feasibly come out with us but she is so nosey inquisitive she would not settle and would most likely shout the place down. Thanks cremola for the link. I think I am sorted now! Will endeavour to be more flexible in the future... just need to plan ahead a bit better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now