Talk

Advanced search

Hotels or guest houses with interconnecting rooms for children!

(5 Posts)
elliott Wed 10-Sep-08 13:53:26

I am desperately seeking a short break which will actually be a holiday for ME. We have noone to take the kids so they have to come to, sadly!
I want to find a hotel, guest house or B&B where they can sleep in a separate interconnecting room (following a rather awful night away when we tried to sleep in a family room...). Would need to provide babysitting or listening service, or be small enough for me to be happy to use a baby monitor while we have dinner. Something not more than about 3hrs drive from Newcastle would also be good (most places seem to be in the SW or SE).

I have done extensive internet searching for this kind of accommodation in the past, but I'm hoping that someone out there has been somewhere I don't know about! So, I DO know about the luxury family hotel group, and about Armathwaite Hall in the Lakes and Auchrannie Hotel on Arran. Also Peebles and Crieff hydro hotels. Would really like something a bit cheaper than these options!
Does it exist? Or am I going to have to wait until the kids are old enough to send away on their own before me and dh get a nice night away again....

DadInsteadofMum Wed 10-Sep-08 23:04:43

Can't help with the interconnector thing but as an alternative to baby monitor have you considered walkie talkies?

Depending on how old the kids are, they are a better option, they are not premanently "on", are two way so you can respond to the kids without having to trek all the way to them for minor issues, and most importantly have a much longer range.

elliott Thu 11-Sep-08 09:14:18

hmm, I actually did fork out a lot of money on a walkie talkie for exactly this reason - it didn't work.

rookiemater Mon 15-Sep-08 21:16:56

We went to Mull last year ironically without DS. There seemed to be a number of B&Bs with interconnecting rooms.

Oh and last year we stayed at the Muckrach Lodge Hotel near Aviemore. It has a main bedroom and a separate childrens bedroom. It is expensive, but if you ring them up you may be able to negotiate a discounted rate. Same for the Peebles Hydro, I have rung up on the Friday and got a very good deal for that Saturday night.

rookiemater Mon 15-Sep-08 21:16:56

We went to Mull last year ironically without DS. There seemed to be a number of B&Bs with interconnecting rooms.

Oh and last year we stayed at the Muckrach Lodge Hotel near Aviemore. It has a main bedroom and a separate childrens bedroom. It is expensive, but if you ring them up you may be able to negotiate a discounted rate. Same for the Peebles Hydro, I have rung up on the Friday and got a very good deal for that Saturday night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now