Talk

Advanced search

£9.50 The Sun breaks in UK...

(12 Posts)
solo Tue 09-Sep-08 23:17:41

Has anyone tried these and if so, any destination recommendations please within 3 hour drive from SE London/Kent borders(Junction 1 M25)? also what were you experiences? are you a fan? would you go again etc?

Have 10 year old and will be 22 month old, so will need entertainment/activities for both.

TIA

solo Wed 10-Sep-08 09:51:17

saltire Wed 10-Sep-08 09:55:31

Well we used them once to go to primrose Valley in Yorkshire. We did though upgrade it was £40 more and well worth it, we got a bigger caravan with more room around us outside as well, some of them are really packed in.
We also didn't use a lot of the facilities on the camp, we went away for the day, although did use the pool and went out for a wander at night, but didn't really go into teh family club bit or the bar
Some of the faciliteis on camp you need to apy for as well, so it cna work out expensive.

solo Wed 10-Sep-08 10:29:56

Thanks saltire. I was looking at going to that one because I could've visited family and done the sights too(quite fancied that), but there was going to be 6 of us and 4 would've been adults, but now it's just me and my 2 Dc's and I don't think I want to drive that far...
Thanks for your experience though, it's worth thinking about.

undercovercat Wed 10-Sep-08 10:33:42

I went to camber sands, pontins for £38. Next to cambers sandy beach, good as a base. There is swimming and activitys. The place was clean but scruffy.

solo Wed 10-Sep-08 10:40:19

Was that very long ago undercover?

undercovercat Wed 10-Sep-08 10:41:30

last year, april, quite chilly it was.

solo Wed 10-Sep-08 10:59:45

I'm looking at Octobers half term holiday, so will be much the same I imagine.

saltire Thu 11-Sep-08 15:25:53

I spoke to my friend alst night, she ahs been on loads of these holidays and she said
Always, if you can afford it, go for the upgrade, especially at half term (october or Feb)because you get heaters in all the rooms

solo Thu 11-Sep-08 16:35:52

Thanks saltire, I'll remember that . Dp is paying, so I'll tell him! wink

solo Mon 15-Sep-08 19:20:28

Well! I'm very upset! Dp sent me the tokens, booking form etc and i took an age with Ds choosing where to go etc...discovered that Dp has missed out one of the tokens and they finished last friday...so we aren't going anyway! Thanks Dp! angry

Notalone Thu 18-Sep-08 20:24:03

Aw - bad luck Solo. He has a lot of making up to do now!

When were these holidays advertised? I wanted to do this, this year. Do you know when they will do this again? Damn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now