Talk

Advanced search

Park resorts, quiet ones.

(21 Posts)
Skramble Tue 09-Sep-08 13:38:51

Looking to get away in Oct, need to hear of your experiences of any of the Park Resorts.

I want a quiet holiday where we can head out for the day and do stuff, but would like and indoor pool and perhaps other activities for 9 and 11 yr old. Don't need fullon entertainment and kids clubs though.

Fimbo Tue 09-Sep-08 13:45:18

I haven't been here, but have heard excellent things about it.

Skramble Tue 09-Sep-08 13:50:01

Sorry realised I wasn't very clear I mean the Company "Park Resorts"

Fimbo Tue 09-Sep-08 13:54:46

Oops! blush

Never heard of Park Resorts tbh.

Peachy Tue 09-Sep-08 13:56:27

We like Nodes Pint but I would say they're ime very full on- we camp so we can limit it but maybe not in October!

They're friendly though and helpful.

Didnt like Kessingland one tiny bit, was shabby (they may have done up, 3 years ago)

But as I said very nice people- ds2 had a Sparky thang and as we felt he was a bit left out (we were dealing with ds1 / ds3 dx) the resort organised for him to have a surprise visit from the rabbit himself. They also provide us free with a bigger pitch as we need the tent space.

Skramble Tue 09-Sep-08 13:56:40

Park Resorts

Not my first choice for a holiday but needs must, cheap and cheerful, perhaps too butlins for me I don't know?

Skramble Tue 09-Sep-08 13:58:09

See i did wonder if it might be a bit full on, but thought it would be quieter in Oct, no kids clubs on then I think, esp if it is not English holidays/

Fimbo Tue 09-Sep-08 13:59:16

When in October? Whereabouts are you?

MrsRecycle Tue 09-Sep-08 14:03:58

A few other mumsnetters joined me at Camber, in August, and it was quiet until they turned up wink grin. Seriously, my van is on the Park Resorts site at Camber Sands and its a really nice site which is as quiet as you want it to be. During the day, the kids can join the wizard school, build a raft, go snorkelling, do party games, in fact, never a bored moment, even for my 2 year old (who is currently napping with Sparky & Sparkle). The other MNetters remarked on what a friendly site it is.

whosaidthat Tue 09-Sep-08 14:07:52

we really liked Bideford Bay, devon.
The staff were great.
We don't usually like these kind of resorts but found this one lovely.
We have booked again as we use it as a base to visit an elderly relative (who tires of us after an hour)

Peachy Tue 09-Sep-08 14:11:17

lol

your kids will love it

Skramble Tue 09-Sep-08 14:14:42

Argh Peachy that is what I am trying to avoid, I think DD would love all that, but DS and me would be ready to scream in about half an hour.

I am in Scotland, so looking at the more northerly ones but don't mond a bit of a drive.

Fimbo Tue 09-Sep-08 14:16:26

Have you looked at Center Parcs? There are deals on for October if you can go outwith the holidays.

MrsRecycle Tue 09-Sep-08 14:17:27

Shame Camber is too far then - ds and you could go of gone next door when the Klub was on and had a game of pool.

Skramble Tue 09-Sep-08 14:21:04

I think camber is a bit far really,

I will have a look at centre parks but always shock at prices.

Skramble Tue 09-Sep-08 14:23:18

Ok centre parks want £721 for that week for a 2 bed lodge. Not a chance.

Park Resort was my first choice so I can use club card vouchers, but I will look at other things and use vouchers for something else.

Fimbo Tue 09-Sep-08 14:26:41

What week is it Skramble?

Aimsmum Tue 09-Sep-08 14:33:47

Message withdrawn

Skramble Tue 09-Sep-08 15:13:21

Looking at the week begining 11th Oct, some good prices with Hoseasons too.

Fimbo Tue 09-Sep-08 16:00:04

Some good prices here for CP

Fimbo Tue 09-Sep-08 16:01:09

Right link not working.

Try CP for Elveden from Monday 13th. Enter discount code SAVE

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now