Talk

Advanced search

legoland or thorpe park????

(17 Posts)
climbanymountain Sun 31-Aug-08 20:31:14

Promised DS (age 4 and 2) that we'd go to a theme park tomorrow. We've been to legoland a few times.

We wondered about a change but don't want them to be disappointed as they love Legoland. Has anyone been to both lately? or got any views (for this age group)?

busymum1 Sun 31-Aug-08 21:43:19

been butlins bognor regis today that excellent for that age group, last I knew thorpe park was not very good for little ones

Michaelangelo Sun 31-Aug-08 21:46:31

For that age legoland, or Chessington

scanner Sun 31-Aug-08 21:46:41

Thorpe Park is aimed at teenagers more than little ones. Chessington would be a better choice.

climbanymountain Sun 31-Aug-08 23:25:11

Thanks. Chessington is a bit too far for us, so legoland it is grin

Flum Sun 31-Aug-08 23:27:32

Wow you've been to Legoland a few times!!!!

Is it good then, have heard its expensive and lots of queues.

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Mon 01-Sep-08 21:14:27

Deffo Legoland - Thorpe is teenagerland, lots of rides for only 1.4 m and over. Would save Chessington till they are 8 & 6

SqueakyPop Mon 01-Sep-08 21:20:26

Legoland is better than Thorpe Park for that age.

Kbear Mon 01-Sep-08 21:25:01

I just got back from Legoland.

The queues were ridiculous. Kids enjoyed it and I only enjoyed it because (a) it didn't rain and (b) we had free tickets.

<<collapses in heap from standing in a queue all day>>

Milliways Mon 01-Sep-08 21:49:48

How about Paultons Park? I would DEFFO recommend their Christmas SAnta Visit (obviously nearer Christmas) - much better than the "Lapland experiences" and you get to go on the rides!

ChippyMinton Mon 01-Sep-08 21:52:41

Repeat after me - "Legoland is only for INSET days and rainy days".

We've been to Chessington with our Merlin passes this holiday. Excellent fun. Somehow busier but less stressful than legoland.

climbanymountain Tue 02-Sep-08 12:54:19

Queues WERE awful!!

Millimat Tue 02-Sep-08 13:44:48

Kbear I so agree. Hated it!! had DD age 4 and DS age 18months. total waste of money as the queues were ridiculous. shock

fortyplus Tue 02-Sep-08 13:46:45

"Legoland is only for INSET days and rainy days".

TOTALLY AGREE!

I went to Chessington last week and queued an hour for everything and a guy said @If you think this is bad you should've seen Legoland last week'

BexieID Tue 02-Sep-08 14:30:33

Both are best to do in term time. Chessington and Thorpe Park have animals to see. All 3 are extortionate to get into. Why they can't do tickets for people that won't go on any rides (like my mum) is beyond me.

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Tue 02-Sep-08 17:27:02

40+ - yes another in agreement! DH took the boys yesterday - thought it would be quiet a s everyone buying school shoes etc - bifg mistake - heaving - even the fast passes we slow...

ChippyMinton Tue 02-Sep-08 17:59:26

Aha - legoland was suprisingly quiet this afternoon (no queue at all for viking splash), which bodes well if anyones has an INSET tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now