Talk

Advanced search

woolacoombe bay, devon

(6 Posts)
kiwibella Thu 28-Aug-08 20:11:53

we are about to book at Woolacoombe Bay for the October half term break but we are trying to decide between three of the parks with availability:

* Woolacoombe Bay
* Twitchen House
* Golden Coast

Does anyone have any recommendations / suggestions / experiences please?

SubRosa Fri 29-Aug-08 19:47:15

I've stayed at both Twitchen and Woolacombe Bay and I prefer Twitchen, as you can walk to the beach. It's a 20 minute walk (?), but the views are fantastic and you come out just above Combesgate Beach.

We had a look at Golden Coast, the last time we were there and it looked drab, all 1960s concrete, a bit like Coventry in the 60s. If you stay a Woolacombe Bay you can walk to the beach (down Sandy Lane) but it's a VERY steep walk back.

The staff there are very friendly, but I wouldn't eat at the on-site restaurants, as the food was over-priced and over-cooked.

Hope this helps

SubRosa Fri 29-Aug-08 19:48:00

Apologies for the (?) the keyboard's got a gremlin.

JiminyCricket Fri 29-Aug-08 20:13:01

you can use the facilities at all four sites whichever you stay at. Have stayed at 'Woolacombe Bay' and Golden Coast I think. I can't remember which i liked best. They have a bus which goes to the beach (we couldn't have walked far with littlies). Woolacombe's great, have fun.

Yorkiegirl Fri 29-Aug-08 20:15:50

Message withdrawn

kiwibella Sun 31-Aug-08 10:50:34

thanks... I think you have covered all the parks!! We have yet to make a decision but looking forward to hubs booking tomorrow grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now