Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a cottage for New Years Eve -Scotland. Any recommendations

(19 Posts)
bigspender30 Wed 27-Aug-08 18:32:14

Nothing too expensive. Needs to be 2 bed minimum but prefer 3 or 4 bed. As I write this, I am thinking this is probably too much to ask! Maybe one of you lovely mumsnetters have a cottage or house you would like to rent out? fingers crossed!

littlepig Wed 27-Aug-08 19:42:59

You're on a long shot with this one - I looked a couple of years back and the prices go up to (and sometimes beyond) mid-summer prices for this period over Cristmas and new year. (We opted for the following weekend in the end as they plummet rapidly to whatever you'll pay!)

Good luck!

(PS - we call it Hogmanay in Scotland wink)

bigspender30 Wed 27-Aug-08 21:12:48

Littlepig-I am in Scotland wink

redrobin Wed 27-Aug-08 21:19:02

hello...we've got a cottage in glencoe, which we are thinking about renting out (sleeps 6, fully child friendly)...will discuss with DH tomorrow if you like. it is a truly fantastic place.

bigspender30 Wed 27-Aug-08 21:21:55

redrobin, that would be great! Can you email me on big spender 30 at yahoo dot com

cheers x

littlepig Wed 27-Aug-08 22:09:36

You should know better then grin

bigspender30 Wed 27-Aug-08 22:24:55

I wrote it like that so everyone knew what i meant ( as this is a veritable cosmopoliton board!)
Do you still live in Scotland? Whereabouts so I can come and --slap you for your cheek-- first foot you?
haha

bigspender30 Wed 27-Aug-08 22:25:46

aw my scoring out didn't work

littlepig Thu 28-Aug-08 13:33:44

I'm in Glasgow. You?

And I got the idea even though you're scoring out didn't work - I am a cheeky wench! You must admit, Hogmanay sounds better...

Anyway, good luck with the cottage!

bigspender30 Thu 28-Aug-08 14:27:30

Lanarkshire! We are neighbours!What are you doing for New Year then?

littlepig Thu 28-Aug-08 14:44:10

I am originally from Motherwell so closer than you think shock

Dunno this year. I suspect we'll have some family/ friends round to the house for a wee party (albeit a relatively quiet one as our ds will only be 11 months). I need to have something arranged or I'll get sucked into the in-laws Hogmanay which barely makes it to the bells (although that's not so unattractive this year...) We'll almost certainly go there for New Year's Day dinner.

You going away with a group?

Aimsmum Thu 28-Aug-08 14:47:08

Message withdrawn

bigspender30 Thu 28-Aug-08 16:00:45

Aimsmum it looks nice! Big too!
littlepig-when your ds is so young, bed at midnight seems a very late night!!

bigspender30 Thu 28-Aug-08 16:00:48

Aimsmum it looks nice! Big too!
littlepig-when your ds is so young, bed at midnight seems a very late night!!

forevercleaning Thu 28-Aug-08 16:02:16

Balmoral?

Aimsmum Thu 28-Aug-08 19:18:20

Message withdrawn

VoluptuaGoodshag Thu 28-Aug-08 19:26:22

Try this one

http://www.tombaincottage.co.uk/

Stayed here last Xmas and it was fab - bit pricey but worth it for the views, luxury and solitude

littlepig Thu 28-Aug-08 20:30:29

I'm hoping that by then I'll be able to function the next day if I stay up past midnight! Realistically what I'm hoping for is that some time before then he'll stop getting me up during the night (especially as I go back to work at the beginning of November!) so 6-7 hours uninterrupted sleep will still feel like a luxury (plus I'll head off for a nap when I get to my MIL's and let thme play with him for a bit without their scary DIL watching

bigspender30 Thu 28-Aug-08 20:45:07

My ds is 2 and we are thinking of having another however this lack of sleep malarkey is putting me off. Am tired enough as it is. How do people cope with more than 1?! Thats a whole different thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now