Talk

Advanced search

Blackpool is soooo expensive!!

(9 Posts)
llynnnn Sat 23-Aug-08 19:46:45

we have just got confirmation of our holiday to Blackpool in Oct and I've been looking at the attractions there, they are soooo expensive!!

12 pound for the tower, 14 pound for the water park, 6 pound for model village, god knows how much the pleasure beach would end up costing! then theres the sealife centre, zoo etc etc. I know we dont have to do these things but i'm guessing the weather in october is not going to be up for cheap days on the beach and picnics in the park!

does anyone know if any of these attractions are worth the money? or if there are any hidden (cheaper!) gems to blackpool/surrounding area! there is only me, dh and 2yr old dd?

I'm not being a cheapskate really (honestly! blush) but dont want our bargain holiday to end up costing the earth!

EffiePerine Sat 23-Aug-08 19:49:12

There's a nice boating lake at Fleetwood (at least there was when I were a lass)

also St Annes on Sea a mile or so down the coast

can you still go to that rock place to see the stuff being made?

ceebee74 Sat 23-Aug-08 19:55:25

I have never been but I believe the Tower is excellent and may be worth the money - in fact, we are thinking of going to Blackpool on Monday and the tower is one of the places we may go to.

Not sure what else to suggest - other than walks along the prom.

Obviously the illuminations will be on in October which are free but that is a evening thing.

Mutt Sat 23-Aug-08 19:57:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EffiePerine Sat 23-Aug-08 19:58:00

I wouldn't do the pleasure beach with a 2 year old - not worth the money

mind you I have never actually been to many of the attractions at Blackpool, despite many holidays in St Annes as my dad was brought up there and not about to spend hard cash on touristy stuff wink

Crocky Sat 23-Aug-08 19:58:53

Do you have any Tesco clubcard tokens?

Rangirl Sat 23-Aug-08 20:00:37

The tower is actually excellent value,includes soft play and a fab circus,you can stay the whole day.Lots of special offers about ,not sure where exactly as my sis organised all that but worked out about £8 a head

Pleasure beach adult wristbands about £28 but you dont need to pay to get in,you can just buy tokens for rides,with a 2 year old thats probably your best bet unless you and dh very keen to try rides

Stanley park is free,nice park with boating pond ,play parketc.

Water park is a bit pricey but you can spend a long time in it.
Illuminations obviouly free!

The good thing is if weather is bad there is lots to do

Enjoy

ceebee74 Sat 23-Aug-08 20:08:24

Rangiel - I thought the Pleasure Beach had started charging an entrance fee now aswell as charging for the individual rides? Is that not the case? If not, it is probably worth a wander round, if you are stuck for something to do, as it is like a funfair (or at least it will be to your DD).

Also, I know shopping is probably not what you want to do, but they have just opened a brand new shopping centre in Blackpool. they have been building it for over 18 months so I am expecting something spectacular grin

llynnnn Sat 23-Aug-08 20:45:10

thanks for all your replies.
the circus is on when we are there so good to hear the tower is worth the money.

any more?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now