Talk

Advanced search

The Grove in Hertfordshire or somewhere else within an hour of London

(7 Posts)
Turniphead1 Sun 17-Aug-08 13:59:22

I am looking to book a family friendly but 5 star luxury hotel for the October half-term. I will be 32 weeks pg and have spd so alas won't want much of a car journey (which rules out Babington House which would be a preference).

Someone suggested the Grove. Has anyone stayed there? Have heard that it is lovely but DH who has been there for the day golfing says its a bit soulless.

Any other suggestions gratefully received. Have looked into the Luxury Family Hotels (The Ickworth in Suffolk) but they seem to have very mixed reviews on Tripadvisor.

Cheers

Uranus Sun 17-Aug-08 14:06:00

Have only been to the Grove for work events, so I view it as a bit corporate (but that might be because of my associations with it).

Have you considered the Four Seasons in Hampshire? I have heard good reports on that from friends.

Turniphead1 Sun 17-Aug-08 14:26:38

Thanks Uranus. That's kind of what DH said. Will check out Four Seasons. Cheers.

Turniphead1 Mon 18-Aug-08 14:41:13

Hmm seems like The Grove is our only option as we do want a kids club so the DC can go for a couple of hours in the morning. Four seasons only takes over 3s and he si just coming up on 3.

CaurnieBred Tue 26-Aug-08 18:33:29

How about Luton Hoo? Not sure it does childcare, but qualifies on all other aspects.

bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 26-Aug-08 18:34:53

we have been to Ickworth 3-4 times since having the DSs always had a lovely time, kids very welcome.
Pool a bit shabby but ok.

squeaver Tue 26-Aug-08 18:36:13

The four seasons is very nice but not much to do around there outside the hotel (although probably not a problem for you). Have heard very good things about the Grove.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now