Talk

Advanced search

Is Paulton's Park good? And is there anything else family-friendly to do around there?

(10 Posts)
EustaciaVye Sun 10-Aug-08 14:07:00

Ok, so my holiday plans have now downsized from Disneyland Paris or the Canaries.

We are going to have a few super days out in the UK instead. We'll do Legoland (have done before and DDs like it) but I'd also like to go to Paulton's Park.

Is it good? And could I turn a day there into a 2 day trip away, by having somewhere else interesting to go the next day? I dont know the area really so keen to know what other attractions/places to visit there are that would suit me, DH and DDs (4 and 1.8)

Thanks

chocolatespiders Sun 10-Aug-08 14:12:58

looks good... wonder if they take tesco vouchers...

Is it near LONGLEAT?

EustaciaVye Sun 10-Aug-08 14:14:57

here is Paultons Park I think it is about an hour away from longleat.

loomer Sun 10-Aug-08 20:35:11

I live in Salisbury and have an annual pass for Paulton's because my DD (2.5) loves it so much. Definitely a good option for kids of your ages, you can get a really full day there with some 'scarier' rides for the eldest and plenty of tame stuff for the younger one.

Other stuff in the area - if your DDs are into animals the Owl and Otter sanctuary isn't too far away in the New Forest. Lots of fun to be had in the New Forest generally in fact. Or if you're willing to drive across the forest entirely I can also recommend Moors Valley Country Park, near Ringwood, for another good day out, weather permitting.

chocolatespiders Sun 10-Aug-08 21:37:03

what are the que's normally like?

Sidge Sun 10-Aug-08 21:55:06

Paultons is fab!

Queues vary, longer in the school holidays but fine at most other times, often when we go there are no queues at all especially on the rides for the very little ones.

Depending on how far you want to travel you may want to Google Adventure Wonderland in Bournemouth (opposite Bmth airport) as well as MonkeyWorld, Beaulieau, Longdown Farm, Marwell Zoo, Moors Valley, Manor Farm and Portsmouth Dockyard.

EustaciaVye Sun 10-Aug-08 23:11:47

Some fantastic ideas here, thank you.

I think we'll take a couple of days away

EustaciaVye Tue 12-Aug-08 20:22:52

Any tips for Paultons park then?

Flocci Tue 12-Aug-08 20:44:14

We've never made it to Paultons but our twins adore Adventure Wonderland in Bournemouth, Marwell Zoo and Moors Valley. We go on holiday in that area every year and they have been there aged, 2.5, 3.5, and 4.5 so far and we''l be there again next summer!

EustaciaVye Wed 13-Aug-08 07:59:40

Might try Marwell Zoo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now