Talk

Advanced search

I want to buy a 2nd hand Static Caravan on a site. Does anyone know a good site where theyare advertised?

(9 Posts)
firsttimemama Sun 10-Aug-08 09:20:02

Or does anyone have any tips or handy hints for me? Please.

firsttimemama Sun 10-Aug-08 10:16:48

I meant Website by the way or holday park website in the South of England. Thanks

firsttimemama Sun 10-Aug-08 12:14:45

bump

MegBusset Sun 10-Aug-08 12:39:45

www.ukcampsite.co.uk might be a place to try, I think they have a section with static caravans for sale.

Ddon't forget that you will have to pay annual site fees as well as the cost of the caravan itself.

firsttimemama Sun 10-Aug-08 13:01:21

Thanks Meg - that site has got a couple of Mobile Homes/static caravans but I thought there would be quite a big 2nd hand market in these but I can't seem to find many advertised.

firsttimemama Sun 10-Aug-08 18:27:02

bump

llareggub Sun 10-Aug-08 18:33:26

On the good sites they don't need to advertise. On one site I know, right on the beach, even the waiting list for information is closed. Caravans tend to be sold on privately IME.

QOD Sun 10-Aug-08 18:38:17

for Gods sake stay at the site in a tent for a few nights first!
Just come back from 2 nights in a localish "Holiday" park, with Lodges (fake plastic & right next to a smelly dyke & the stinking toilet block), with an okish looking static caravan area BUT the tent pitching area........
Oh dear God. Cross between Wrong Turn, Deliverance & The HIlls Have Eyes. It was full of scary rough out of control children AND the even more out of control parents.
We witnessed a man slapping his 2 yr old daughter round the face & calling her a C*. Yes. That word

(taken his car reg & friend calling SS tomorrow)

I would personally go somewhere where its only statics & tourers

Skramble Mon 11-Aug-08 00:57:35

Try googling for the park you are interested in, there are some independent websites advertising statics on parks. I mean not the parks own official website.

If the park has an owners association they will have an idea who is selling.

Also see a lot in the free ads papers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now