Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Centre Parcs accommodation - which level to choose?

(18 Posts)
LuP Fri 08-Aug-08 20:26:16

Evening All

Please can I have some advice? I'm planning a Mon - Fri break to Centre Parcs and am trying to weigh up whether the new Woodland accommodation is really that much better than the Comfort or Comfort Plus. I don't require luxury by any means but don't want to be somewhere a bit tired and grotty.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks!

Lu grin

FluffyMummy123 Fri 08-Aug-08 20:26:54

Message withdrawn

Isabellasmam Fri 08-Aug-08 20:29:16

i stayed in an executive villa and the only difference from comfort plus was a dishwasher and plasma tvs in each room (which we didnt use). we also had an outdoor sauna which we didnt use and the decor and cleanliness was no different or superior. the only benefit was the maid service and fresh towels. had a good time though grin

rookiemater Fri 08-Aug-08 21:47:38

Well worth at least going for comfort plus for the dishwasher and not having to bring towels.

I have never had any problems with Center Parcs lodges. The living areas are big and have everything you need, the bedrooms are pretty basic and small,but I think the design of the woodland lodges is the same as the comfort plus ones anyway.

nannynick Fri 08-Aug-08 23:52:32

Have not yet experienced the Woodland accommodation. Will in August 2009, but may not before then.
Woodland do seem to include a dishwasher, which is good. The microwave looks to be built in (above oven) and the oven looks to be improved (any improvement is a plus, the current ovens take so long to cook anything).

The family I go on holiday with (I'm a nanny) tend to choose based on location rather than villa type. This year (just been at Center Parcs Longleat this week) had Comfort villa's.

Has anyone stayed in a Woodland yet? Are the ovens better, or just new yet still take double the time to cook anything?

Maggieb52 Sat 09-Aug-08 00:08:25

went to a comfort in nottingham and it was so bad. Very similar to an unfortunate experience at a Pontins in the 80's#!!!go for the best you can as comfort is crap in my opinion

ladybouf Sat 09-Aug-08 18:30:42

We have stayed in one of the new style Executive Lodges and it was worth EVERY penny. Admittedly I do like my luxuries but honestly it was so wonderful and I do think the Woodland ones are in the same vein if not as many gadgets and gizmos. As has already been said, I would go for the best you can afford especially if tired and dated is going to bother you.

SilkCutMama Sat 09-Aug-08 18:43:40

comfort plus - it has a dishwasher and is sooooo worth it

Enjoy!

KathG Tue 12-Aug-08 16:54:22

if you have allergies in the family woodland are much better decent matress and wooden floor (at least in Nottingham).

mumto2andnomore Wed 13-Aug-08 10:10:43

We have always stayed in the comfort villas and they are fine, a bit old fashioned but clean and comfortable, depends on how much more it is to stay in one of the other villas really, you wont be in it much.

tiredemma Wed 13-Aug-08 10:12:02

we always book the executive accom

Blandmum Wed 13-Aug-08 10:17:07

have gone for the executive in the past, but have gone for the cheap and cheerful option in Holland where I'm getting a week in a 3 bedroom one for 600 euros at half term!!!!!!!!!!

MIL is going to teach the kids to ski and I'm going to go to the spa (haven't told her the last bit yet!!!

hippipotami Wed 13-Aug-08 10:18:55

We are booked into the cheap and cheerful option in Holland next week smile
Will let you know how it was.

Blandmum Wed 13-Aug-08 10:19:45

I can't believe how much cheaper it is. I raved about it and a mate has gone (not come back yet)

LuP Wed 13-Aug-08 16:22:33

I've now booked 4 nights in a Woodland Lodge for DH, DD and myself and am REALLY looking forward to it. I used a discount code I found on here - PPPZ - which gives 30% off so thanks for all the advice and for the discount. I love MN. grin

andyrobo237 Wed 13-Aug-08 22:09:55

We have stayed in most types (except the top range one!), and found the new Woodland style ones great - bring you rown chalk for the chalkboard too though - it took them 3 days to pring us some!!!! The kids spend hours messing on it - it is virtually full wall height, so LO was at bottom and bigger sister played on the middle section (and yes, I did have a go too!!). We left a message for the cleaner!!

Jackstini Wed 13-Aug-08 22:13:55

When are you going LuP? We are staying in a woodland at Longleat in Sept so can report back after then.
Have used all levels and would go again to anything except the most basic

Fizzylemonade Thu 14-Aug-08 21:29:38

Woodland sooooooo lovely, all high end fixtures although the finish could be a teeny bit better (we have stayed in two)

It is lovely because it is newer than comfort plus and executive - both of which we have stayed in.

Agree about the chalk, I don't think they realised it would be so popular. We were left with tiny pieces.

Am now very envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now