Advanced search

please confirm i ONLY need my driving license

(7 Posts)
nannyL Thu 07-Aug-08 10:00:24

Am flying (flybe) from england to scotland today

Am planning to leave my passport at home and use my driving license (that i NEED for my hire car) as ID (the photo card, but will take my paper bit too)

please just confirm that this will be ok and they will still allow me on the plane, as im a bit wary of going o an airport KNOWINGLY leaving my passport behind!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 07-Aug-08 10:02:23

Check on the airline's website, some airlines will only accept a passport as ID even though you are only flying inside the country.

Also your driving license is only valid ID if you have both parts together.

mishymoo Thu 07-Aug-08 10:04:09

I would still take it with me just in case they only want passports as ID!

bratnav Thu 07-Aug-08 10:09:04

drivers licence will be fine

bratnav Thu 07-Aug-08 10:10:38

grr, link not working.

The flybe website definitely says that a drivers licence is fine for domestic flights

nannyL Thu 07-Aug-08 10:42:30

thanks all

have looked at flybes site and it DOES say a drivers licence is fine for DOMESTIC flights

i will take the paper and the card part anyway

Ambi Thu 07-Aug-08 10:46:58

yes, your licence will be fine, I used mine flying to Dublin from Manchester even though I had my passport.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now