Talk

Advanced search

Haven Perranporth

(48 Posts)
hughjarssss Sat 02-Aug-08 16:04:55

Anyone been?

Tips, advice,recommendations all appreciated!

smile

misi Sat 02-Aug-08 23:49:20

my sister, BIL and their 5 kids all under 10 love perranporth, went there earlier this year yet again!!
not been myself so can't say much more than that, but I will say my sister is hard to please especially with --6 kids in tow--
sorry, 5 kids and BIL in tow!!

hughjarssss Sun 03-Aug-08 12:11:51

Thanks Misi smile

purpleflower Sun 03-Aug-08 12:42:58

I love Perranporth. I used to go regularly as a kid but not anymore. I never stayed at the Haven site but a cheap campsite near there.

Perranporth is my favourite holiday place ever, I have some great memories

hughjarssss Sun 03-Aug-08 13:48:39

Sounds like everyone has loved it so far! smile

dorathesnorer Sun 03-Aug-08 13:56:35

We are going next week so can let you know after! When are you going?

hughjarssss Sun 03-Aug-08 14:03:14

Beginning os September dora. Would love to hear what you thought when you get back

dorathesnorer Sun 03-Aug-08 18:30:27

will definitely let you know. The recent reviews I've found sound good and the beach is meant to be fab. Are you staying in a Haven chalet/caravan or private?

hughjarssss Sun 03-Aug-08 19:40:42

We're staying in a basic chalet as we have the dog with us.

I've heard really good things about the beach as well!

Hope you have a fab holiday! smile

saggyhairyarse Sun 03-Aug-08 22:42:38

Perranporth is lovely!

The Haven site is pretty shit to be honest. Very run down, not very well laid out, shop out of stock of fresh/every day essentials unless you go first thing.

They did havea probelm with the boiler when we were there so you could not use the outdoor pools and the inside one was freezing and none of the showers worked.

Unless you walk down to the beach or leave at the crack of dawn, it can be hard to find anywhere park by the beach if the weather is good. We gave up a number of times and went to other beaches.

hughjarssss Sun 03-Aug-08 23:43:39

Oh, I hope its improved. When did you go saggy?

dorathesnorer Mon 04-Aug-08 06:39:14

Saggy - is it worth buying the entertainment passes or is there another swimming pool nearby we should use?

saggyhairyarse Mon 04-Aug-08 21:21:37

Hiya

We were there last summer. How much are the passes? Our kids did like going to the kids show of an evening, though we did not stay for the adult entertainment.

There is the pool on the rock on Perranporth beach

DontNeedAnything Mon 04-Aug-08 21:25:24

Dora unless you are hiring a private caravan you don't need to buy an entertainment pass. They are usually incorporated into teh price of the accomodation (apart from some late deals etc.).

You will need the entertainment pass to do anything other that sleep in your caravan. You can't go into any of the bars; clubs; arcades or pools without it

DontNeedAnything Mon 04-Aug-08 21:25:25

Dora unless you are hiring a private caravan you don't need to buy an entertainment pass. They are usually incorporated into teh price of the accomodation (apart from some late deals etc.).

You will need the entertainment pass to do anything other that sleep in your caravan. You can't go into any of the bars; clubs; arcades or pools without it

cheesesarnie Mon 04-Aug-08 21:27:29

peranporth is lovely.great beaches

cheesesarnie Mon 04-Aug-08 21:28:20

we live in cornwall but still go camping there,although not haven just field

dorathesnorer Tue 05-Aug-08 07:09:23

We are hiring privately! Can we use the bowling arcade/golf/shops without a pass or do we need pass for even those things? Just that I've just found a couple of reviews saying pool is crap. ? Think it came to just under a hundred for passes for all of us and we really only need the pool and shops. I wondered if it mught be cheaper/nicer to use a swimming pool elsewhere?

DontNeedAnything Tue 05-Aug-08 17:16:41

Depends on teh layout of the site TBH.

At Burnham on Sea you could get into teh shop, but the whole entertainment complex was guarded by people checking passes. IIRC at Hastings you couln't even get to teh shop. It depends on where the shop is relative to the point at which they check passes; and how rigerous they are withh teh pass checking.

What is probably more important to you is
a) where teh nearest decent pool is and
b) how far the nearest (off site) convenience shop is...cos the on site one is v v expensive and usually limited in availability.

fakeblonde Tue 05-Aug-08 23:10:15

Purpleflower-can you tell me which site you stay at please ?

dorathesnorer Wed 06-Aug-08 12:21:49

Aaargh looks like rain all next week! Does anyone know of anywhere we can go in the rain in/near Perranporth?

hughjarssss Wed 06-Aug-08 19:58:14

sad Dora

Hope they've got the forecast wrong

saggyhairyarse Wed 06-Aug-08 22:35:45

The shop is seperate to the entertainment area, you can also get into the pub and fast food places without passes.

We went to a strange place one day to keep out the rain, though have no idea what it was called. It was a showroom that sold jewellry and you could seive for gems. There was also a tin mine tour and a few rides there. Most of it was indoors.

hughjarssss Wed 06-Aug-08 23:30:03

Saggy, if the indoor pool had been heated whilst you were there, would it have been ok?

I wanted to take dd (9 months) swimming in it but I am worried now

saggyhairyarse Thu 07-Aug-08 08:43:36

I think it would have been fine for a baby. Because the outdoor poolwas shut it was very busy but it did have a baby pool.

One thing, closely inspect the baby changers before you use them. They were very grotty when we were there * shudder *

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now