Talk

Advanced search

Legoland - is it worth it?

(25 Posts)
cardy Wed 30-Jul-08 16:43:58

We are thinking of going to legoland on Saturday it looks like it will cost £122 to get in. This is a lot of money, is it really worth it?

DDs are 4 and 7.

I know schools holidays can be horrendously busy but I;ve heard weekend during school holidays are less busy, any experience of this?

maidamess Wed 30-Jul-08 16:51:12

Have you got any money off vouchers? There are lots on packets of things at the moment. Have a look on www.MoneySavingExpert.com and they will say on there where the vouchers are
here

I did this with London Zoo. Bought some cereal with vouchers on and all kids got in for free!

cardy Wed 30-Jul-08 16:53:32

I have ot various vouchers - Tesco, woolworths and it seems nothing is accepted during August!

mankymummy Wed 30-Jul-08 16:55:28

have you tried sainsburys? if you spend 40/50 or more you get buy one get one free on entry.

alittleteapot Wed 30-Jul-08 16:55:35

a friend went last week and said Never Again!

girlandboy Wed 30-Jul-08 16:56:36

I've only been to Legoland on Tesco vouchers. It's too much money imo. We all enjoyed it, but I think I enjoyed it more knowing I hadn't paid full whack!
I think it's good, but NOT £122 good!!!!

hughjarssss Wed 30-Jul-08 16:56:39

I've heard it's not worth the money

QuintessentialShadows Wed 30-Jul-08 16:56:42

No not worth it. In addition to the entrance tickets, the food prices are extortionate, so if you DO go, bring a packet lunch and plenty to drink.

ComeOVeneer Wed 30-Jul-08 16:56:48

Never not busy IME. AFAIK they don't accept any vouchers during peak time s (eg most school holidays). It really isn't worth the money unless you have an annual passand can go for a few hours after school etc. You spend over 80% of the time queuing for rides or walking between rides.

DontNeedAnything Wed 30-Jul-08 16:57:14

Yes children ideal ages....but a Saturday during the Summer holidays will be about as bad as it gets unfortunately. I would pick a mid-wek day when half the country (especially the areas local to LegoLand) are still at school.

Tesco deals are valid and will quarter the price - although you are probably too late to get them in tome for this Saturday

cardy Wed 30-Jul-08 16:58:50

It looks like all the ones mentioned on moneysavinf expert don't include entrance during August. Not sure about the sainsburys one. I do sainsburys online every week but have never received a voucher!

FluffyMummy123 Wed 30-Jul-08 16:59:23

Message withdrawn

cardy Wed 30-Jul-08 17:04:54

What's Paultons? Where is it? Will be staying in West London.

Celery Wed 30-Jul-08 17:05:53

My DS adored it, but he is a 7 year old lego fanatic.

katebee Wed 30-Jul-08 17:07:08

Legoland is excellent but I wouldn't pay that much to go there.

I'm sure it would be really busy during school hols.

I would look at ways of going using Sainsbury's / tescos vouchers. If possible choose a less busy time such as when your child has an inset day..

cardy Wed 30-Jul-08 17:07:37

I just can't get my head round £122 just to get in!

Found Paultons - too far I'm afraid.

Any other suggestions for day out in West London/Richmond area?

cardy Wed 30-Jul-08 17:08:30

We are only visiting the area for a couple of days so don't really have the opportunity to go another time.

Issy Wed 30-Jul-08 17:10:50

I've been a few times as we live in easy striking distance and I hate it. Queues, over-priced food, more queues and over-hyped parents and children. However, the children swear they love it and, as amusement parks go, Legoland is one of the better ones.

Children are unpredictable. The huge hit of our holiday in Cornwall (aside from the beach) was hiring a tag-along bike and doing 20 miles down an old railway now cycle track. I genuinely think that they enjoyed that more than a trip to Legoland and that isn't just wishful, puritancial thinking on my part!

Issy Wed 30-Jul-08 17:15:26

Sorry you were looking for suggestions. DH and the DDs (5 and 7) went to the Wetlands centre in Barnes yesterday and said that they had a lovely time. Much, much lower key than Legoland, but really thoughtfully done with lots to see and a great adventure playground and picnic area. Not too crowded either. I think it costs £25 for a family.

Website here: www.wwt.org.uk/centre/119/visit/wetlandcentre/.html

(Barnes very close to Richmond if you don't know the area.)

kiwibella Wed 30-Jul-08 17:20:41

we've been a few times at different times of the year and always enjoyed it. However, that does sound like an extortionate day out. Sometimes, some of the local hotels do a deal with accommodation - which are about that price.

Don't Tesco and Sainsburys have offers atm? I would do a bit of research... maybe try a search on the moneysavingexpert site?

LIZS Wed 30-Jul-08 17:31:44

Sainsburys and Pasquier brioche vouchers seem to be valid during August.

myermay Wed 30-Jul-08 17:34:35

We love legoland and have me and ds1 have annual passes, but only because we live 30mins away. I would not pay £122 for a visit, i think i'd cry. We paid that for 2 passes, adn we go atlease every 2 wks. Often we go on Saturdays' when dh is working but if it's too busy we just use the water park or parks etc. Do try and get a ticket from sainsburys though

kiwibella Wed 30-Jul-08 17:40:53

I have a tesco free voucher which you are welcome to... checked the back and it says that it is valid 12 May until 31 October.

kiwibella Wed 30-Jul-08 17:41:27

soz... free entry when accompanied by a full priced adult.

kiwibella Wed 30-Jul-08 17:41:37

soz... free entry when accompanied by a full priced adult.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now