Talk

Advanced search

Anyone stayed at pontins in particular southport?

(13 Posts)
Theresa Sun 27-Jul-08 20:20:07

We're going in august and have a chalet for 6 for myself , dh, 2 dc's and my mum. It was a cheapie through the sun, have seen ohter reviews on site that arent great but we've done Haven etc and so now what to expect! However due to a mix up with hol dates (long story!) My 2 nephews are in theory 'home alone' for the last three days of our hol. The choices are my mum goes home early to look after them or my brother brings them to pontins and we 'sneak them in' to use the 6th bed and an air bed. Is this do-able? I know at centre parks it would be virtually impossible, but at somewhere like Haven it would be no problem. What is the 'security' like at Pontins after the initial check in?

Theresa Sun 27-Jul-08 20:40:20

please?

Fimbo Sun 27-Jul-08 20:52:09

You did ask!

Theresa Sun 27-Jul-08 21:02:58

Cheers Flimbo shock !!

twinklytoes Sun 27-Jul-08 23:22:26

we "sneaked" friends in to pontins at prestatyn last year. they lived locally so were part of why we were up in the area. I just went out in the car, picked them up and drove back in. no-one questioned it, wasn't even gone 15mins so same security guard etc.

SNoraWotzThat Sun 27-Jul-08 23:25:41

Complain if its not right. Do it when you are there, same as if you were staying anywhere else. Get out and on the beach. Southport has lots to offer. visit the southport website for what's on.

Theresa Mon 28-Jul-08 19:14:48

thanks folks! Due to yet another change in plans, the issue of sneaking in the nephews is no more! We now just have the dilema of whether or not to go! May call them and ask how much to upgrade. We've so far paid £150 for a week for 5 of us including linen hmm, electricity and entertainment passes so maybe will do that, and stock up on cleaning stuff!

SNoraWotzThat Mon 28-Jul-08 19:56:58

They are fairly hot on sneeking in as staying guests you have wrist bands (I think). As far as I can remember the Southport one is not open to day guests and the guys on the gate do check you out.

Take some clean pillow cases. They fold small and are easy to have packed if the ones you are given are not up to scratch.

DisenchantedPlusBump Mon 28-Jul-08 20:01:31

Ive been.

we were dropped off so we had to stay, lol.

It was Ok i guess. Kept getting the bus to southport, go to the beach etc ... not much on site.

Wouldn't go back though.

Kids liked it.

DisenchantedPlusBump Mon 28-Jul-08 20:02:20

No wristbands, saw loads of sneaked people there,

you just get a pass when you leave to come back in.

Easy to do IMO.

curlysmum Tue 29-Jul-08 13:33:37

went to the camber one was very worried about it as I had read some horrible stories but closed my eyes when I opened the apartment and it was absolutely clean , new fridge , cooker , shower , clean carpets and bed linen . The complex itself was pretty run down but dd (6) loved it. The entertainment for the kids was good , the staff really made an effort , we did not eat there at all went out each evening . I think it may be luck of the drawer. We got given a little paper thing when driving in and out or walking in or out but it was not really checked and people would just stroll past saying they had left it without much bother

curlysmum Tue 29-Jul-08 13:34:47

oh I took airbed , bedding , cleaning stuff etc just in case but did'nt need it

Theresa Tue 29-Jul-08 20:45:13

lol curlysmum, am working out how many airbeds we have and sleeping bags! may be better if we regard it as one step up from camping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now