Talk

Advanced search

wembley

(6 Posts)
1petshortofazoo Thu 24-Jul-08 19:17:41

I have just got tickets for soccer aid at wembley on sunday 7th september myself, dp and ds (3). We were going to go by train but kick off is at 7.30pm and we will struggle to get a train back late at night. I was thinking about driving so we could spend the day sight seeing as we have never been to london before and then drive home the same night. but I have been told parking is a nightmare so now I am worring as what to do!!
Does anyone have any advice and any ideas where we can visit??

Thanks,

Jodie x

claricebeansmum Thu 24-Jul-08 19:22:09

Perhaps the thing to do would be drive to Wembley and park up. I have been to many concerts there and have always managed to park in an adjoining street. Then go into town from there on tube and do your stuff. Then your car is in the right place at the end of the evening.

1petshortofazoo Thu 24-Jul-08 19:33:06

So parking isnt really that bad? Is it ok to find?
Is it easy to get to London and see some sights?

Jodie x

kiwibella Fri 25-Jul-08 15:45:37

I don't know about parking at Wembley but you can easily get to London for sightseeing. The Jubilee Line goes to Wembley and you could get out at Green Park or Westminster. There is a lovely children's playground at St James' Park (Buck Palace end) which should give you a chance to rest / picnic / tire out the wee fella

TigerFeet Fri 25-Jul-08 15:49:26

When we went we parked at a tube stop a couple of stops up the line and jumped on the tube. If I were you I'd park at Stamore (end of the Jubilee line) and get an all day tube ticket so you can go into the city centre and then come back via Wembley.

Eddas Sat 02-Aug-08 18:17:11

i'm just off to book tickets for this. Me and dh watched it on tv last year and loved it so i'm getting us tickets for this year. And our wedding anniversary is the 6th so perfect timing!

Does anyone know where in the stadiums is best to sit? I was going on the thought that the more expensive the better but dh says the ones lower down should be goodhmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now