Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a toddler friendly hotel in Scotland (not Perthshire)

(8 Posts)
toddlerhip Tue 22-Jul-08 23:43:48

We live in Perthshire and would like a few days away (my dh would prefer north or west). not mandatory but ideal place would have some childcare / creche / toddler activities for an hour or two.

seb1 Tue 22-Jul-08 23:49:15

Hilton Coylumbridge

cali Tue 22-Jul-08 23:50:14

Have you thought about The Aviemore Highland Resort, have a very family friendly hotel and a large swimming pool. Haven't stayed there since we've had dd's but Aviemore has quite a few things that toddlers like to do.
We've just come back from a camping trip there. Funicular Railway was great, even though we couldn't see anything, you can feed Reindeer, go on steam railway.

If you are in Perthshire you probably know that it doesn't take too long to get there, we live in Fife and it took us 2 1/4 hours to drive up.

toddlerhip Wed 23-Jul-08 13:03:39

thank you for these!

rookiemater Thu 24-Jul-08 21:25:36

Peebles Hydro is nice, they have family rooms there and a toddlers high tea.Peebles is nice to visit and Traquhair House is worth a visit.

toddlerhip Thu 24-Jul-08 21:40:13

That sounds very good. I don't know the borders at all. I don't know whether they're linked but certainly Crieff Hydro has a good reputation for kids - thank you!

MrsMuddle Thu 24-Jul-08 22:32:47

North Berwick is great for toddlers. The Marine is lovely, but not sure how toddler-friendly it is.

toddlerhip Fri 25-Jul-08 22:46:59

Great idea - when we were househunting we kept seeing gorgeous houses advertised round that way and i've wanted to go for ages!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now