Talk

Advanced search

Anyone recommend a nice, family friendly hotel in Kent?

(8 Posts)
EustaciaVye Tue 22-Jul-08 15:52:04

Would like to do a long weekend soon. A friend has recommended Hever castle and Tunbridge wells as places to visit.

So, any hotel and attraction recommendations?

I have 2 DDs - age 4 and 19mths

EustaciaVye Wed 23-Jul-08 14:47:41

Anyone?

MummyToOneForNow Fri 25-Jul-08 11:43:28

I live near there (also have a 19 mth old) - wouldn't strike me as an obvious holiday destination but the countryside is nice. The Hop Farm near Tonbridge is supposed to be quite good for children but haven't been there yet.

If you aren't set on Kent specifically we recently had a weekend away about an hour further south on The South Downs - stayed in an excellent family friendly B&B here which I though was much more relaxed than a hotel would have been and they provided all the baby gear (they even had a dvd player in the room and had dvd's and toys/books to borrow to occupy dc's when they woke ridiculously early. There is a great open farm nearby and down on the coast there is a pebbly beach that dd enjoyed. We went to a few National Trust places and Lewes Castle is nearby but we went there on a previous visit so didn't do that this time - details of more attractions on the B&B website.

stroppyknickers Fri 25-Jul-08 11:46:34

Tunbridge Wells? For kids? If they like shopping...

EustaciaVye Fri 25-Jul-08 13:03:45

Lol. We are meeting up with friends at Hever castle on one day. The rest we havent worked out yet.

Anna8888 Fri 25-Jul-08 13:04:48

There is a Hotel du Vin in Tunbridge Wells.

Anna8888 Fri 25-Jul-08 13:05:42

Camber Sands, Bodiam Castle and Port Lympne all great for a four year old DD (my daughter is 3.8).

EustaciaVye Sat 26-Jul-08 02:45:27

Thanks anna8888

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now