Talk

Advanced search

Things to do in and around Oban and Connel - any ideas please

(3 Posts)
jsgirl Sun 20-Jul-08 18:02:47

We're off up to Connel in a few weeks. We've been a few times before and love it. Just found out, however, that the Rare Breeds Park has closed down. DS1 is a bit fed up about this because it was his favourite place to visit. We might try the Sea Life Centre. We'll definitely be going to Sutherland's(?) Grove for the walks, and to Tralee Bay and Ganavan. DS1 has already put in a vote for Dunstaffnage Castle, but I'm sure that's because he thinks he'll be able to buy another plastic sword and then run to the car park yelling "FREEEDOMMMMM"!

Just wondered if anyone else has any other ideas of places to visit please. In particular, is there anywhere interesting to go by train from Oban? DS1 is nearly 7 and DS2 is just over 1.5.

Thanks.

Kbear Mon 21-Jul-08 09:35:31

We have been to the Sea Life Centre - it is small but really nice, there is a obstacle course/trail outside where the kids had climb etc too.

We go pony-trekking at Lettershuna at Appin which is on the road from Oban towards Ballachulish - no good for little one but your DS1 is old enough if you fancy that.

I love the beach at Ganavan too!

What about a trip to Mull from Oban - you can go as foot passengers and get a coach the other end which takes you to Tobermorey. FANTASTIC fish and chips there ha ha!!

We're going on 10th August to a caravan site in Kinlochleven - can't WAIT! It's so quiet there, I love it.

BBBee Fri 25-Jul-08 18:52:34

second the trip to mull - they do seal watching trips too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now