Talk

Advanced search

Nice restaurants, and things to do near Bosinver

(6 Posts)
rookiemater Fri 18-Jul-08 23:01:41

Ooh not long to go now, we are off to Bosinver first week of September.

We are hoping to have their babysitter for a couple of nights and go out. Does anyone know nice restaurants that aren't too far away, and has anyone been to Fifteen and is that worth a visit ?

Other than the Eden Project, what else is worth a trip to see ?

ChasingSquirrels Sat 19-Jul-08 00:33:08

cant help on restaurants, we always ate with kids at local pubs.
things to do, with a 2yo, umm - have to think back...
- lappa valley is fun, on a nice day
- lovely gardens, trebah is my fav, but lots of nice ones
- lots of nice beaches around if the weather is good.
what cottage are you in>
Have a lovely time, wish I was going then.

rookiemater Sun 20-Jul-08 18:42:41

We are in Apple Cottage I can't wait. Local pubs are fine as well if you can recommend any nice ones with good food.

ChasingSquirrels Mon 21-Jul-08 18:34:48

we didn't go to any this year (just split up with H and took my mum with us instead and we ate in), but previously we have liked The Dolphin in Grampound on the Truro Road (10 mins max), and The Ship Inn in Pentewan, although this wasn't so good last year.
We didn't like The Ewe (can't remember village - but LOTS of windy roads to get there).
Have a LOVELY time, I am sure you will .

Swadmum Sun 03-Aug-08 17:10:14

We're going next week, so I'll watch this thread with interest!

Swadmum Fri 15-Aug-08 23:31:49

I'm back! We had a fab time in Rose Cottage.

Don't worry about finding places to go - Pat, Dave & Helen will give you all the advice/hints you need when you get there.

Polgooth Inn is the local pub. About 15 minutes walk away, but the lane you have to walk down was very muddy last week and impassable with a buggy, so we drove!
Oh we travelled up to Padstow to try Rick Stein's Fish & Chips too... £6.70 for cod & chips, but nice and not greasy. Don't buy coke though - it's £1.25 a can

I'd recommend Dairyland near Newquay...it's a bit naff really, but if you hand your receipt in on the way out you get a free pass for the rest of the week...and the soft play came in very handy on one very wet day!!!

Lappa Valley's good, but you need good weather.

Really, though - they have a good stock of brochures, and are always on hand with ideas if you're stuck for anything to do, so don't stress....enjoy it.

Our highlight was animal feeding/pony rides.

Just looking at availability for next year now.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now