Talk

Advanced search

Puzzle Wood, Coleford - have you been?

(5 Posts)
loler Wed 16-Jul-08 18:08:02

I was wondering if this was a suitable place to visit with my 84 yr old Gran. She's pretty nimble but would it be too much for her and me?

Was planning on picnic with the kids and a wander around the woods.

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 16-Jul-08 23:54:14

I would say not suitable for an 84-year-old, there are many (thousands, literally) uneven steps, v slippery and loose chippings/gravel. Not suitable for buggies either for these reasons I'm afraid.

You could go to Symonds Yat, or Beechenhurst near to The Speech House, both have rather splendid cafes.

HTH

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 17-Jul-08 00:12:43

[beagle envy]

loler Thu 17-Jul-08 08:30:44

Thanks - Like the sound of the cafe!

You are very welcome to the currently poo covered beagle. Just about to take her and chuck her into the canal (to bath her not drown her!!).

TheHolyGrail Thu 17-Jul-08 15:27:33

Has the cafe at Beechenhurst been finished yet? I know they were re-devloping the site around Easter time - its a nice site. Also you can go to Cannop ponds - we tend to park there (free) and cycle up to Beechenhurst - would not be walkable for an 84 yr old or small ones. Hopefully will be back for a cycle ride or two this summer (wot summer???)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now