Talk

Advanced search

Calling Poshwellies!!!!!

(7 Posts)
Buda Tue 15-Jul-08 18:55:04

Thanks so much for the cottage recommendation in Somerset. Just back - really loved it. (Well apart from the weather!).

Even looked at some houses to buy - one right by cottage!

kiwibella Tue 15-Jul-08 21:22:27

can you share the details of this cottage please?

Buda Wed 16-Jul-08 07:27:45

Hi kiwibella - it is here.

It is just outside Taunton. The village itself is lovely - only has a pub though - no shop but shops nearby. Cottage was lovely and had everything we needed. Owners were lovely too.

Another bump for Poshwellies!

poshwellies Wed 16-Jul-08 11:39:45

*waves at Buda

Just seen this thread! Aww really glad you loved the cottage,shame the weather was utterly dire though(It's typical,lovely and sunny atm)-did you use your wellies and how was the scrumpy? smile

Did you find any houses/cottages to buy that pulled at the heartstrings?

It really is lovely around that area.

Buda Wed 16-Jul-08 12:24:35

Hi!

No scrumpy but DH managed to drink his own weight in cider I think!!! Even with the weather we had a nice time. Did the railway to Dunster Castle on the Monday and it turned out to be a lovely day. Did some shopping in Taunton one day. Did the Haines Motor Museum another day.

Saw one house in Halse that we like but DH would like a bit more land. He has visions of The Good Life I think!

I now have some ideas of what I want (or more importantly what I don't want!) and we are now registered with estate agents so are looking with a view to buying if we see the ideal home and then poss renting it out till we move back.

poshwellies Wed 16-Jul-08 16:34:21

Glad you managed to get out in the weather,the railway to Dunster is fab,Dunster is loovely though.Doing Haynes museum is my dh's role(its not far from us)-he and ds often go there for a sunday afternoon-both petrol heads!

Hopefully you'll find property soon,tons on the market at the moment-ideal time to buy down here.

If you need any local papers let me know (ie Somerset County Gazette)I wouldn't mind sending it on for you.

Buda Wed 16-Jul-08 17:12:52

Oh thanks poshwellies - you are kind!

Have registered with all the main agents so should hopefully find something. We have 3 years to do so!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now