Talk

Advanced search

london - again. Which restaurant for Theatre packages?

(6 Posts)
laurawaterford Mon 14-Jul-08 20:39:16

Just discovered these fabulous special offers where you can buy a ticket and meal for the same price as the ticket!! London is amazing!! We are going to see spamalot (monly python fans here) (£22.50 inc meal) and prob Phantom or Lion King (any recommendations would be appreciated). With Spamalot we can get a meal deal with either Planet Hollywood, Pulcinellas (soho) or The Sugar Reef. We like Italian and burgers so can anyone recommend which restaurant we plump for? We are family of four DS aged 14 - 18, however 18 year old is our Special child, so though he won't be chucking food around (and up, hopefully) we also want to feel comfortable in restaurant (he is able bodied just mentally about 6!) so nothing too posh (umlikely with above offers for £22.50 I know)

kiwibella Tue 15-Jul-08 21:26:21

my new fav is Wahaca in Covent Garden - not far from the market... lots of choices of plates for sharing and very helpful, enthusiastic staff. I was really impressed with our bill - £120 for 7 including cocktails (which I don't expect your kiddies will be drinking grin). I can't wait until my next visit.

kiwibella Tue 15-Jul-08 21:26:52

wahaca... sorry, forgot to drop the link!

MegBusset Tue 15-Jul-08 21:30:34

Haven't been to any of those but I would definitely go for Pulcinella, it's on Old Compton St so likely to be pretty laid-back in atmosphere, and it's Italian.

Planet Hollywood and Sugar Reef are tourist traps really.

Lola234 Wed 16-Jul-08 17:24:04

how about zizzi. i love it, and its great for good priced food !

laurawaterford Wed 16-Jul-08 20:13:39

thanks for recos. Will book Pulcinellas cos it comes with the theatre tickets. And have noted the other two in my little black book - where is Zizzi by the way?

Wahaca sounds quite extradinarily good - I cannot wait to try it. Am going to googlemap it for directions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now