Talk

Advanced search

Perthshire/East Neuk - any recommendations for a 2 bed cottage?

(13 Posts)
meep Mon 14-Jul-08 19:56:46

We're looking to rent a cottage in Perthshire or the East Neuk. We always seem to end up in Elie and I quite fancy a bit of a change!

We want two beds and a small secure garden for dd (1yo)

LackaDAISYcal Mon 14-Jul-08 21:18:33

We stayed in Cellardyke ove Christams.....how about there or Anstruther

meep Mon 14-Jul-08 21:37:37

that one looks lovely - infact there are a few possibilities on that site - thanks DAISY!

I just have this day dream of a lovely cottage where dd can bum shuffle out to the garden - in a nice village with a pub for lunches near by!

However, knowing Scotland in September it wil be rain rain and more rain!

LackaDAISYcal Mon 14-Jul-08 21:44:54

We used to always go on hols around Dunkeld/Aberfeldy/Perth in early September and always had cracking weather...so you never know wink

I love the East Neuk though...grew up in Kirkcaldy and always escaped along the coast whenever we could.

I've bookmarked that site myself too.....nice properties and not too expensive smile

meep Mon 14-Jul-08 21:50:24

I know - I love Elie but it is so full of (dare I say it) yah types and I just don't have enough starch in my rugby shirt collars to compete grin!

LackaDAISYcal Mon 14-Jul-08 21:55:15

lol, what about methil or buckhaven then? wink

You mentioned Perthshire; Aberfeldy is nice! Off the beaten track but with nice shops and lovely scenery and pretty central for lots of sightseeing.

meep Mon 14-Jul-08 21:57:52

I've been searching for aberfeldy - but not found the "perfect" cottage yet - i will find it though - I am determined!

RainingCatsandDogs Mon 14-Jul-08 22:29:41

We stayed Gushat cottage, Perthshire here in the past with dd (but not as a toddler).Cottage was lovely (better than pics).
Strathtay village very quiet but scenic and good location for visiting places.

meep Mon 14-Jul-08 22:36:09

that looks really lovely - but was coming up way out of our price range - we want to spend around £500 max!

Will try Strathtay though!

seb1 Mon 14-Jul-08 22:54:45

What about Morton of Pitmilly

seb1 Mon 14-Jul-08 22:57:56

or here Kinpurnie Holiday Cottages

meep Wed 16-Jul-08 19:44:22

seb - they are both lovely but don't have the week in September I'm after! Thank you though!

nct73 Sun 27-Jul-08 18:06:51

Sorry don't know any cottages but am off to my mum's in Cellardyke next week. The East Neuk is a lovely area but I do have to agree about Elie - better to stay elsewhere & visit for walk along beach. I have to disagree about September. Generally is lovely esp at the start as the schools in Scotland have already gone back and you know how the weather laughs at this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now