Talk

Advanced search

recommendations for cheap UK holiday close to beach

(7 Posts)
Jampot Sat 12-Jul-08 14:53:17

Im looking to take the children away in the summer hols (15 and 12) but dont want to spend a lot of money. Only stipulations are, has to be close to a nice beach (not tucked away down some path/cliff, not ridiculously busy, town not too far away for essentials. Ive been looking at the Hoseasons site but it appears v pricey for what it is (or is that just me being fussy AND mean).

ecoworrier Sat 12-Jul-08 19:25:27

What's your budget? My 'cheap' might not be the same as yours.

ruthosaurus Mon 14-Jul-08 10:27:47

Ooh, count me in! I need a camp site/holiday cottage/B&B within about 5 hours drive of Sheffield in the week starting 18th August.

Can't spend masses as baby due in November, also hmm about camping as bump making crawling around in a tent a marginally less tempting idea than actually having a bed...

Any ideas?

Ohireallyshouldnt Mon 14-Jul-08 11:37:35

We've been to Pinewoods holiday park in Wells Next The Sea (North Norfolk) loads of times. http://www.pinewoods.co.uk/
Its great, not chavvy, town lovely, full of great restaurants, loads to do, beach sandy and dune-y with pretty beach huts.

kiwibella Mon 14-Jul-08 21:24:35

ooh... watching this thread too. I would love a holiday but can't pay for one grin.

ruthosaurus Tue 15-Jul-08 12:07:52

I have to admit that family are helping out as joint birthday present to us this year otherwise would be doing usual rubbish holiday at home...

Have been looking at holiday cottages in Norfolk - it's amazing the number of people who think you're prepared to pay £500 to stop in their shed or garage for a week (and I mean garage - one still had the lift-up garage door on it).

You can go abroad for that kind of money.

ruthosaurus Fri 18-Jul-08 15:25:40

Have found lovely North Norfolk holiday cottage called Honey Barrel Cottage and am taking DH, birthday money and a mate to share costs. Arm and leg are in the post to the nice lady who runs it, but it looks lovely and is near a beach, seal colony, pub, ice-creams, etc. Couldn't bear the thought of damp camping in a 2 man tent for a week with grumpy DH and bouncy fetus, so shelled out and decided to live on Netto beans throughout September instead...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now