Talk

Advanced search

Do children need passports for plane flights within the UK?

(10 Posts)
Bubble99 Thu 10-Jul-08 18:09:15

Are they used as ID? Do children need ID?

squeaver Thu 10-Jul-08 18:11:48

Well I've always had dd's checked and we've flown in the uk with easyjet, BA and BMI. Because she's always had one, I've never been asked for any other type, but I'm pretty sure they do need some form of id. Maybe you should check with the airline you want to fly with.

LynetteScavo Thu 10-Jul-08 18:13:14

I think they need photo ID, and I couldn't think of any other type of photo ID a child could have, so got mine passports.

gillybean2 Thu 10-Jul-08 18:26:16

Everyone needs photo id, passport is the most commonly accepted one. Phone the airline to ask what they will accept for children

LIZS Thu 10-Jul-08 18:27:13

no , parents needs photo id

Aero Thu 10-Jul-08 18:34:01

Check the small print of whoever you're flying with. Easyjet only require photo ID for the adults children are travelling with. I discovered this earlier this year when ds1 and dds passports had expired. Went rushing to the website to check and sure enough it was fine. Might be an upper age limit though, so worth finding out now.

Aero Thu 10-Jul-08 18:35:42

Actually, I went panicling slightly, just in case (have seen too many Airline programmes blush), so I printed out the clause which states that children travelling with parents need no photo ID.

laurawaterford Thu 10-Jul-08 19:57:24

interestingly (or maybe not - sorry!) I have just discovered a passport isn't required for flights between Uk and Ireland - only photo id. just thought I'd tell someone...!

Bubble99 Thu 10-Jul-08 20:01:19

Thanks all.

DS1 and 2 have passports but the smaller Bubble boys don't. We'll be flying to Newcastle in August and I don't think I'll be able to get passports in time for the little ones.

MrsCurly Thu 10-Jul-08 20:10:58

Definitely not. Have travelled with mine on BA, BMI and easyjet no problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now