Talk

Advanced search

Red bull air race - do I need to buy (expensive) tickets?

(14 Posts)
laurawaterford Thu 10-Jul-08 09:56:05

or can we watch just as well from other vantage points. Tickets are quite pricey at £35 adult £15 kids. and there are 6 of us.

claricebeansmum Thu 10-Jul-08 19:27:01

I wondered this as well - we like the look of it but aren't that keen

brimfull Thu 10-Jul-08 19:28:04

ooh where is it?

laurawaterford Thu 10-Jul-08 19:54:20

its on the 2 and 3rd of August by the O2 arena on the embankment in London. Thank goodness I cleared a previous message I was about to post that asked if it was maybe inside???!!!!

claricebeansmum Thu 10-Jul-08 19:55:09

LOL Laura.

Just imagine...

SammyC Thu 10-Jul-08 19:56:42

I am going to chance it and not get tickets but try and watch from the waterside, kids a bit young and poss get bored or scared!....

laurawaterford Thu 10-Jul-08 19:59:06

Good idea - we'll do the same. and yes - imagine....cringe

kiwibella Mon 14-Jul-08 21:23:46

don't forget that this event is low-level flying! We live near Canary Wharf and were disappointed last year - they put all sorts of obstructions up to block the view.

I agree that the tickets are too expensive. If I remember rightly, the flying didn't last that long.

laurawaterford Tue 15-Jul-08 09:30:47

so probably not worth making the trip out to see it unless you have tickets then...

dilbertina Tue 15-Jul-08 09:33:23

hmmm, might it be worth talking to the river bus people? - they just might have a boat nearby at right time...will be a lot cheaper, and kids will get river-trip even if don't see anything else!

Milliways Tue 15-Jul-08 17:15:34

We always watch Farnborough from the top of the Tesco Multi-Storey car park. The planes loop around the car park as it is the end of the flight path so you get brilliant views - for about 30p parking!!

hanaflowerisnothana Tue 15-Jul-08 17:27:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kiwibella Tue 15-Jul-08 17:37:52

thames clippers now go to the O2 and then to Woolwich... it would definately be worth seeing whether they are operating this weekend. A river roamer ticket is about a fiver and you can use this all day, up and down the river.

greenday Tue 15-Jul-08 17:46:03

I went once. The atmosphere is great but you don't really get to see any action. It plunges down immediately upon take-off. Funny in the beginning, then becomes a yawn when you realise its just that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now