Talk

Advanced search

Things to do in West Wales

(7 Posts)
debbiedlemur Mon 07-Jul-08 14:58:39

We are renting a cottage in West Wales (just outside Llangranog)for a fortnight, does anyone have any ideas of days out around and about (especially if weather is bad - highly unlikely I know!). Children are 2 and 10.

moondog Mon 07-Jul-08 20:21:17

My dh is from there. It's lovely.
Aberaeron up the road is gorgeous,lovely houses and a little quay. I always mean to go to the Harbourmaster hotel when I am there. Therei s an NT property nearby too.

Newquay is also a very nice little town nearby as is Cardigan. Go to Poppet sands for a walk and a picnic. Nice pub (FORGET THE NAME) in St. Dogmaels for lunch.

Folly Farm is a big attraction for people with kids-animals, train rides and so on.

it's all great.

WWMC Mon 07-Jul-08 21:21:57

The West Wales Museum of Childhood is not far away at Llangeler. It's indoors (so it's rain-proof!) although it also has a small play area and a big field.

Saymyname Mon 07-Jul-08 21:25:24

Dylan Thomas' house in Larne is nice.

needamiracle Mon 07-Jul-08 21:28:01

A little place called Mwnt. National trust, I think. Good walk up a hill. Nice beach. You may even spot some porpoises if you are lucky. We always used to go in the rain as children!!!

Aberporth and Tresaith are also nice beaches. Aberporth is a small town with some quaint shops.

Grav1 Tue 08-Jul-08 14:07:59

If you are going to the Cardigan area you may like to try a visit to Castell Henllys - an Iron Age Hill Fort.(might be of interest to your 10 year old). (www.castellhenllys.com). They have activities and events.(Sorry wouldn't advise it in wet weather).

gillybean2 Thu 10-Jul-08 16:16:10

http://www.visitwales.co.uk/server.php?show=nav.6856

You need to spell the town's name right though! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now