Talk

Advanced search

Child friendly cottages/parks/centre parks? Any ideas for break in Sept?!?

(11 Posts)
MrsBuzz Sat 05-Jul-08 20:13:07

Hello, We are looking for a break in September for a short break or week. Interested in Centre Parks but keep hearing mixed reveiws on them! Also looking at cottages that have something to do for my 18month old & 3year old!!
Any ideas?!?!

TeriHatchetJob Sat 05-Jul-08 20:17:51

I've never heard a bad word about Centre Parcs.

We've been having an annual break there for the last 10 years from when my eldest was 1 year old and they have always been fab.

FrazzledFairyFay Sat 05-Jul-08 20:20:55

We weren't fans of Center Parcs tbh. We went to Sands Resort, in Cornwall, for a week in Feb and are going back in September. We loved it.

bigpigonadig Sun 06-Jul-08 20:20:47

www.torridgehouse.co.uk in Devon or www.sandy-balls.co.uk in the New Forest

Sawyer64 Sun 06-Jul-08 20:31:27

I can see from an adults point of view what Center parcs has to offer,and maybe even a 7-16 yr old,but I really can't see what it has to offer very young children.....Please enlighten me Mn'tters if it has changed alot since I went.

We went to butlins in April,and it was great for our 19mth old and our 3.5 yr old DD's and our 12 yr old DS!

There were loads of characters there that they know such as Bob The Builder,Barney,Angelina Ballerina,Postman Pat. They had shows with them daily,craft activities,Soft play areas,Mini fairground rides,Outdoor play area,attached to a Pub wink babysitting,Creché, Playgroup sessions etc etc etc. Not to mention the Swimming Pool.

I'm also a great fan of haven,which is along similar lines.

VaginaShmergina Sun 06-Jul-08 20:38:27

Try here, can highly recommend Ruda in North Devon and Warmwell near Weymouth

MrsBuzz Mon 07-Jul-08 13:54:49

Thanks very much for all of your views & info - i'm still searching!!

Iklboo Mon 07-Jul-08 13:58:37

Hoseasons camps are v child (and pet) friendly, reasonably priced & have lots of different sites.
Week in a self-catering bungalow 6-13 Sept for me, DH, DS (2.5), dog (inc insurance) is costing us £250

MrsBuzz Mon 07-Jul-08 14:10:39

Blimey thats a good price - we also have a dog so need to take her in consideration aswell! Not looked at Hoseasons so will do so now... :-)

gillybean2 Thu 10-Jul-08 16:21:58

We went to a resort in the hoseasons broucher in Hemsby at easter. Was cheap but you do get what you pay for and as long as you're happy with that it was great and very good value per person.

MrsBuzz Thu 10-Jul-08 21:36:42

I'm Still looking!! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now