Talk

Advanced search

london with teens

(13 Posts)
elliephant Fri 27-Jun-08 16:08:08

I unexpectedly am spending this weekend in London with two teen girls to entertain. Apart from shopping, which the three of us are rather fond of wink, what touristy thing should I do with them????

MummyDoIt Fri 27-Jun-08 16:10:29

Covent Garden - good for shopping but street entertainment is good (and free!) and nice places to eat.

When my niece was a teenager and came to visit, she loved the markets - Greenwich and Camden. You can get a boat trip from Embankment down to Greenwich and boat trips seem to have a universal appeal.

Fimbo Fri 27-Jun-08 16:13:50

Teenagers might enjoy Spitalfields market also. It's been renovated in the past year or so and has lots of little shops and restaurants on the outside of it now too, like Giraffe and Leon (kind of wholesome fast food place which is very yummy).

Fimbo Fri 27-Jun-08 16:15:31

Spitalfields

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 27-Jun-08 16:15:49

V&A museum, and anything at the ICA.
Teens love Camden too (bleurgh)

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 27-Jun-08 16:16:19

And maybe dinner at a conveyor belt type restaurant.

elliephant Fri 27-Jun-08 16:28:05

Probably should add that I am not overly familiar with London so need places that are easy to get to and from - as I am the responsible adult drag them around in aimless circles.

elliephant Fri 27-Jun-08 16:29:29

whoops meant I don't want to drag them around in aimless circles. I can already hear the sighs if we get lost. But thanks already to everyone for your quick replies.

MummyDoIt Fri 27-Jun-08 16:30:20

All the places mentioned are easy to get to by tube. When I was new to London, I always found the tube the easiest way to get around.

Fimbo Fri 27-Jun-08 16:31:21

Spitalfields is within walking distance of Liverpool Street Station if thats any help.

MummyDoIt Fri 27-Jun-08 16:34:17

Tell us how you're getting into London and where you're going and we can plan you a route grin.

elliephant Fri 27-Jun-08 17:58:00

Thanks everyone - Spitafields looks good. And shall study my tube map.The hotel is near Convent Garden/The Strand and claims to be within walking distance of the Embankment, Waterloo and Westminister if thats any help to anyone. I have the Sat afternoon to myself as the girls are going to a show and then I will need to feed and water them I guess. Any posh burger joints/Pizza places in the area? Then will have to amuse, excite and entertain them for most of Sunday.

Lola234 Mon 21-Jul-08 12:33:06

carnaby street and topshop are a must!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now