Advanced search

APPLEDORE ANYONE?

(23 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SammyC Tue 25-Mar-08 11:53:19

Hi Appledore, in North Devon?

Wisteria Tue 25-Mar-08 11:54:34

It's lovely MMJ - my Grandma lives very close and she always used to take us there for lunch smile

The Big Sheep is quite close I think which is good for little ones as is Crealy Park (or something like that).

SammyC Tue 25-Mar-08 11:56:07

The Milky way also a great place for kids. The Boathouse in Instow great for food )just across the water)

peanutbear Tue 25-Mar-08 11:59:36

I spent nearly all my holidays there as a child I loved it it was fantastic

Wisteria Tue 25-Mar-08 12:00:22

www.appledore.org/

SammyC Tue 25-Mar-08 12:02:04

Its a quaint village, right on the estuary of the River Torridge, from the water edge you can see beaches of Instow and Crow point. The nearest town is Bideford. You must must taste Hockings ice cream its made in Appledore and is amazing! can only be bought from the ice cream vans dotted around.There are quite alot of galleries in Appledore a fab place to eat is called Bensons, doesnt look the best from outside but usually serves locally caught fish etc great food.

littlelapin Tue 25-Mar-08 12:02:58

Wisteria Tue 25-Mar-08 12:03:01

I second Bensons smile

Piccalilli2 Tue 25-Mar-08 13:19:14

Will be quite busy in summer, although not as bad as Instow (just over the water). My in-laws live in Bideford, it's a lovely area and the Big Sheep is great for kids. There's a lovely beach at Saunton Sands (20 minute drive ish) and you can hire bikes and cycle the Tarka Trail. Second the Boathouse at Instow for food.

JudgeNutmeg Tue 25-Mar-08 13:26:32

I live in the next village to Appledore. It is busy in summer but in a nice way and there is a huge car-park along the front so you don't have to worry about parking.

When you get closer to coming, start another thread and I'll plan you out some nice jaunts according to the ages of your children. I might even tell you some of the secret, hidden, locals-only spots to go to. wink Also, in the summer, the North Devon Journal has lots of half-price vouchers for the big tourist traps attractions....worth ordering from your newsagents.

bea Sat 29-Mar-08 21:55:07

need somewhere to stay!???
http://www.hallsannerycottages.com/
fantastic... and 10 mins from appledore!

JudgeNutmeg Sat 29-Mar-08 22:03:26

I've been to some functions at Hallsannery, it's a lovely place. Good location.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now