Talk

Advanced search

Cottages in Pembrokeshire-any recommendations please?

(16 Posts)
ArcticRoll Fri 15-Feb-08 13:27:50

Was originally going camping on Isle of Wight at Whitsun but have been invited to a friend's wedding in Saundersfoot and so scrambling around trying to find a cottage instead (couldn't face camping in Wales in May as thought it might be too rainy/cold).

Thanks

diplodocus Fri 15-Feb-08 13:38:55

Try Frank B Mason - probably the best rental co. for the area. You'll need to really shift though to get anything nice for that week. There's a brilliant small building of 6 flats calle Sunny Cove, which is right on Tenby's north beach. Another good place is the old vicarage in Penally (www.happy-holidays.co.uk).

jellyshoeswithdiamonds Fri 15-Feb-08 20:46:42

Try Powells.co.uk, they are Powells Holiday Cottages and are based in Saundersfoot and usually have something for everyones budget.

charliechaplin Fri 15-Feb-08 20:53:57

lots here

ChirpyGirl Fri 15-Feb-08 21:00:03

Definately charliechaplin's link is your best ebt. Also try Here for child friendly cottages if you are taking kids wiht you as they have stuff like cots/highchairs/ monitors / stairgates provided..very handy for crap packers like me!

mejon Sat 16-Feb-08 11:26:37

Try underthethatch.co.uk. Lots of really lovely properties in various parts of West Wales.

Clary Sun 17-Feb-08 00:35:07

yes agree with diplodocus FBM has Tenby area sewn up.

this is nice in tenby town for eg.

ArcticRoll Sun 17-Feb-08 12:33:45

Many thanks for all the replies-am trawling through all your suggestions.
Hopefully haven't left it too late.

anniebear Tue 19-Feb-08 10:03:12

Frank mason is defo the place to look at

we have been through them quite a few times

(defo go to Folly Farm when you visit, most fantastcic place we have ever been to with the kids! we were there 6 hours!!!)

anniebear Tue 19-Feb-08 10:03:45

frank mason always seemed reasonable to me

I can recommend any of the cottages at East Tarr farm which are overseen by Powells Holiday Cottages. Though I am biased as I used to live at the farm!

ArcticRoll Tue 19-Feb-08 16:59:38

Thanks for all the ideas and websites.
I've booked a fab cottage.
My dd is animal mad so will deffo check out Folly Farm.

anniebear Tue 19-Feb-08 19:28:11

hope you have a great time

folly farm has everything!

farm animals, a zoo, play areas everywhere you look, lots of them. 2 indoor smaller soft plays, sand pits, tractors, land train , indoor old fashioned fair where the rides were 50p

and I think last time we went they were building the countries biggest undercover play area

GeorgiaC Tue 26-Aug-08 13:27:20

St Florence is a great base for a family holiday - close to beaches and other attractions but away from the bustle of Tenby.

I wouldn't recommend East Tarr Farm sadly.

It does have an indoor swimming pool but this is very small and not suitable for more than one family at a time. There are 5 holdiay cottages and a small caravan touring site sharing the facilities.

Our cottage "Horseshoe Cottage" smelt badly of damp, there were mildew spots on the sheets and the kitchen cupboards were vile smelling. The cooker was inadequate for family cooking with only one oven shelf and vwry slow to cook.

The TV and Dishwasher broke down and the owner failed to respond to our complaints.

The interiors are very dated and the standard of cleaning is quite poor.

hillbilly Sat 30-Aug-08 07:46:00

We have stayed at Ivy Tower Village for a week in July for the last 3 years. It's in St Florence. Booked through Coastal Cottages. Heatherton activity centre is close by and great for kids. Folly Farm not too far either. St Florence is about 10 mins drive from Tenby.

Have to say though, we may try somewhere else next year as feel it's been quite expensive for what it is and cleanliness standards have dropped, and accommodation looking a bit shabby.

willali Sat 30-Aug-08 21:06:59

Just back from LAugharne and loved the area - one magical place is Pembrey Country park with one of the best beaches I have ever seen plus dry slope skiing and a Toboggan which was brilliant! Tenby and Saundersfoot both nice old fashioned sea side places. Folly Farm great but the focus really isn't on the slightly disappointing animal collection - it's all about the funfair and soft play... Also visit Pemberton's Chocolate farm in Whitland - enough said...wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now