Hotel with DD - surrey/London

(17 Posts)
BlingLoving Sat 16-Jan-21 18:09:32

Following a thread on here a while ago, DD and I have decided to treat ourselves to a night in a hotel once we are allowed to do so again. She's 6 and loves the idea of room service, a hotel pool and a "spa day" with me (in our hotel room with masks etc we'll bring from home) followed by a movie snuggled in bed. I'm pretty excited too! grin

To brighten up the sad days of lockdown, I've been looking at options.

Two that have come up so far:

London Hilton Bankside - quite cheapish (possibly as a result of lockdown though), has a pool etc. Although not super kid fun pool. But I like the idea of something in London as we could potentially also see a show/do some wandering around/ museum etc.

The Runnymede on Thames looks more child friendly - play grounds, outdoor pools etc but because it's closed I can't get any sense of whether it's going to cost £300 per night!

Any thoughts on the above or similar? I do quite like the idea of something more child friendly - I don't need babysitters or whatever but if there's a child-friendly pool and a playground or soft play I think that's really nice. But on the other hand, if it's in London we could go out to do something fun then just hole up in our room.

OP’s posts: |
Palavah Sat 16-Jan-21 18:10:34

She's 6 and loves the idea of room service, a hotel pool and a "spa day" with me
confused

LIZS Sat 16-Jan-21 18:23:19

Runnymede is more of a conference venue, right next to m25 junction!

BlingLoving Sat 16-Jan-21 18:52:56

LIZS

Runnymede is more of a conference venue, right next to m25 junction!

See, this is the kind of info I need! They pitch it as all super family friendly.

@Palavah assume you have issues with me and DD enjoying a hotel trip and a home "spa". That's okay. You do you, we'll do us.

HappyThursdays Sat 16-Jan-21 18:54:13

Pennyhill park hotel

I think it's a lovely idea (though double check as some don't let in under 18s in spa areas)

Clymene Sat 16-Jan-21 18:58:52

Children aren't allowed in the indoor pool at Pennyhill Park and tbh I would hate to spend a lot of money on a weekend break and have the pool full of kids.

With a kid, I'd probably go somewhere like Holiday Inn. Loads of them have pools and they do room service (not the Express ones).

HappyThursdays Sat 16-Jan-21 19:02:31

Other one to check is the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge - have stayed there a few times and it has an indoor pool and kids are definitely allowed. It's a great location and you can walk everywhere you can want to in London and you're v near a tube

confettiballoons Sat 16-Jan-21 19:05:30

Ignore the misery guts OP, I think it sounds a fab idea. I agree on Runnymede being a conference place. I’d probs go central London and any decent chain 4 star with a pool (not too posh so you don’t hit the boring ‘omg kids in the pool, the worst’ muppets).

Sonofagun Sat 16-Jan-21 19:11:11

Brooklands Hotel inWeybridge are always doing spa offers and its next to Brooklands museum where you could have afternoon tea in Concorde

DoThePropeller Sat 16-Jan-21 19:14:32

And there is a great scooter, bike, skate park area just next to Brooklands too. They were doing frozen themed afternoon teas for a while so I definitely think they are child-friendly.

user1471463807 Sat 16-Jan-21 19:21:20

What about Chessington hotel, they have a pool etc and you get the theme park too!

Countdowntonothing Sat 16-Jan-21 19:33:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BigSkyLife Sat 16-Jan-21 19:45:41

Park plaza Westminster bridge is great... easily walkable to where ever you want. And a great play park about five mins away behind the London Eye.

BlingLoving Mon 18-Jan-21 11:29:15

Thanks all. Good ideas here. I looked at Chessington but little miss wants a "grown up" hotel and feels Chessington is not it! grin

I'll check out Park Plaza and Holiday Inns - that's a good shout and more likely to be family friendly than the Hilton I was looking at!

lurker101 Mon 18-Jan-21 11:35:10

I’ve stayed at the Hilton Bankside - it was lovely and so close to South Bank and Borough Market etc. I would definitely recommend it. A lot of hotels have restrictions on times kids can be in the pool area, so I would recommend calling in advance of booking to check that it doesn’t conflict with your plans.

Also - if you mention it’s a special occasion a lot of hotels will be happy to set something up in room for you - maybe some nice orange juice in the room for arrival etc. Which you could pay for but surprise your daughter with

Clymene Mon 18-Jan-21 11:35:43

Park Plaza is a great shout.

Tier10 Sun 24-Jan-21 20:31:25

South Lodge and Ockenden Manor both offer child swim sessions in their spas.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in