I want to offer my holiday cottage to NHS staff for free

(9 Posts)
CameronK27 Thu 07-Jan-21 10:10:03

Hi,

I have a small but beautiful holiday cottage that I would love to offer to NHS staff who are working tirelessly on the front line.
I can only offer a week, but is there a way I can offer this?
Do other people currently do this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
HollowTalk Thu 07-Jan-21 10:14:29

That's a really nice idea. I've no idea who you'd contact, though.

Terrhins Thu 07-Jan-21 10:19:40

You could speak to your local trust communication department? They have bulletins & emails that get sent out to staff that could share for you.

Anna783426 Thu 07-Jan-21 10:20:06

Maybe contact your local hospital charity and offer it in a raffle for staff? Tickets could be £1 and money raised supports the charity and staff get the chance for a free holiday in your lovely cottage? It's v kind of you x

drspouse Thu 07-Jan-21 11:15:04

There is a charity doing this but as accommodation for those self-isolating/not able to live at home.

felineflutter Thu 07-Jan-21 11:18:08

Lovely idea OP.

missyB1 Thu 07-Jan-21 11:24:02

Yes contact your local Hospital trust and they should be able to help. It's an amazing and lovely idea by the way.

Mynxie Thu 07-Jan-21 11:26:08

I’ve sent you a pm smile

CameronK27 Thu 07-Jan-21 11:59:37

I really like the idea of offering it as part of a raffle as that way you could offer it to lots of NHS staff at once and they all have a chance in winning it. The limitation is that you would probably need to offer more holiday cottages I think (which I obviously dont have!)

What is the charity that offers it for people self-isolating/not able to live at home?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in